Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CWS Game Thread - All the Other Teams

1 hour ago, joeywa said:

With 2 down, and runners in the corners, game tied at 5, Brendan Beck throws the first pitch, a ball, and Vandy runner steals 2B
With 2 RISP, Beck sends a curve that doesn’t curve to the backstop and Vandy wins on the WP

Stanford goes home. Vandy has to beat NC St twice to advance. 

I was watching when this happened. You gotta know that poor Beck was just crushed. This is why you keep plugging along, even when it looks like a sure thing to go the other way. Going into that last frame, I didn't think Vandy had a chance. Boy was I wrong. Just a great game.

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I was watching when this happened. You gotta know that poor Beck was just crushed. This is why you keep plugging along, even when it looks like a sure thing to go the other way. Going into that last frame, I didn't think Vandy had a chance. Boy was I wrong. Just a great game.

I was watching it too and when Beck had a full count on the 3rd guy up with 2 outs, I said out loud "Don't walk him". Crushed might be an understatement, he appeared to be in shock poor guy. However you have to give Vandy credit for a great 2 out comeback!

So….. what if NC State had won yesterday? Would the NCAA have disqualified them and advanced Vandy anyway? Would they have awarded the MSU / UT winner the championship without a final series? 
I’m still amazed at how everything yesterday played out.

So who do most people think will win the CWS, Miss St or Vandy? Vandy has the pitching for sure (don't see Bednar pitching) but I'll go w/State. Either way, aggy will get wood since both are $ec, $ec, $ec.

First off, nobody with any sense would worry about what A&M fans say about baseball.  Their history in Omaha is sparse, at best.  So much so that David Pierce, on his second trip ever to Omaha, won more games that any A&M team has won EVER in Omaha. 

Now that this is out of the way, let's get to your question.  I think what the NCAA did to the winner of Bracket 2, (Miss St.,) is criminal.  Basically they gifted Vanderbilt not only a trip to the final series, but they also gave the time to rest their players and replenish their pitchers' arms while Miss St had to play late into the night on Friday and again on Saturday.  This could have been handled MUCH better by the NCAA.  They deserve every single bit of criticism being thrown their way right now.  A lot of talk about how this is a 'tainted' championship series, and '*'

I hope Miss St boat races Vandy in two games. 

I have only seen Vandy once. MSU , I thought, showed a lot of fight and I will be rooting for them. Especially after what the NCAA did to NC State and the advantage that give Vandy. 

6 hours ago, joeywa said:

First off, nobody with any sense would worry about what A&M fans say about baseball.  Their history in Omaha is sparse, at best.  So much so that David Pierce, on his second trip ever to Omaha, won more games that any A&M team has won EVER in Omaha. 

Uh, that was a joke about aggy getting wood yet they will cause they're pathetic.

Be that said, Vandy is up 7-1 and still batting in the bottom of the 1st.

2 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

You take Leiter and Rocker off Vanderbilt and they really aren’t very good. Not many pure hitters 

They were gifted a spot in the finals and performed abysmally in Games 2&3. 

10 hours ago, joeywa said:

They were gifted a spot in the finals and performed abysmally in Games 2&3. 

Oh yes that was a big gift. I wished they would have sent the 4 teams home and brought them back in 10 days or so and played it out. I don’t have much confidence in the NCAA though. I think NC St might have gotten to the final game and had a good chance to win……..especially with those two big LHPers coming out of the pen. 
I’m happy with Texas getting a young team there and fighting out of the losers bracket. Really good year by David Pierce and company. Have a good chance to be even better next year. 
Thanks for all your work Joey. We appreciate it 

12 hours ago, Bear19 said:

I don’t blame Vanderbilt for what the NCAA did. At least a Vanderbilt degree means something.

Agree, wasn't Vandy's fault. 

7 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Vanderbilt shows you how far 2 All Americans can take you in College Baseball.

Congrats to MSU. Their fans were something else last night.

Their fans were something. It was like them playing home games last night.