Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sulpher river is proably amile wide in some places. Catfish scattered out in bottoms hunting food Put a boat in at 67 hy boat ramp go a mile upriver, just before White Oak flows in to river. There go out in woods6-8 foot of water cast out some Sonneys dip bait and have a big time.

Forgot Sonnys is now tripple S   A few scenes from Home from the Hill wasfilmed on Sulpher.

Rummored some of the catfish are burnt orange.

There are so many catfish in the Sulphur. 

A friend and I used to run trotline there when I was in high school, not far from that White Oak-Sulphur merger you speak of.

Caught a 45-pounder once and got my picture in the paper :)

You're dead-on about the catfish moving when its flooded. You find them everywhere in 4-6 ft of water.

51 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

That area of river great to fish when flooded. River down go down stream and fish deep holes at railroad bridge.

I go there two or three times a year when river is flooded.Closer and easier to fish lake when it is lower.

We need to go fishing some time. You pick the spot. I'll drive down. But gotta wait until this landscape crunch is done first.

On 6/7/2021 at 12:11 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Sulpher river is proably amile wide in some places. Catfish scattered out in bottoms hunting food Put a boat in at 67 hy boat ramp go a mile upriver, just before White Oak flows in to river. There go out in woods6-8 foot of water cast out some Sonneys dip bait and have a big time.

Forgot Sonnys is now tripple S   A few scenes from Home from the Hill wasfilmed on Sulpher.

Rummored some of the catfish are burnt orange.

Caught some on throw lines that were burnt orange and whisker had turned into🤘