Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Johnny Football being investigated by NCAA

bbdude

• Administrators

This from ESPN's Outside the Lines:

MIAMI -- The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

The complete article - OTL -- NCAA investigating Johnny Manziel for profiting from autographs - ESPN

Aggy could be in serious trouble.

Sugar, we're going down.

Look the university let Manziel trademark Johnny Football, so why not sell his autograph? While other players have been suspended for letting someone buy their lunch, the NCAA has turned a blind eye to JF's issues.

Last time I checked Connor Brewer got into trouble by using a fake idea to drink. Hell ole JF don't need no fake idea, he just is serves.

I kinda like the kid, agie or not, but this is into quadruple standards, not double.

ESPN is not reporting that JF did indeed sign about 80 items that were put up for sale, but sources say he was not compensated. So we are to believe he just signed his name on memorabilia and was not compensated? No one could believe this, but the agie machine is out there spreading the manure that he was not paid.

I never want to hear another word from any agie about integrity. It's obvious they have none. My thoughts are they would sell their souls for a winning team, and lie, cheat and steal for a title. Congrats agie, you have just joined USC when it comes to integrity.

OK, while I am on a rant.

The JM apologists are acting like he is being singled out. They act like he invented marketing and an exception should be made. Back in his high school days, Earl Campbell was known as the Tyler Rose. Did he make any money from these?

11309.jpg

Did Earl trademark the name?

Did Earl miss meetings?

Did Earl invent schemes to make under the table money?

Did Earl disrespect his university?

Did Earl need to have a PR firm around him?

The answer to the above is HELL NO!

Earl is the epitome of class. JM is the epitome of Reggie Bush.

• Administrators

Sounds like it will be tough to pin this on him as they have no concrete evidence yet - only speculation. Dude's just thinking about his kids and grandkids and their college funds.... Can't fault a guy for that, right? LOL.

Sounds like it will be tough to pin this on him as they have no concrete evidence yet - only speculation. Dude's just thinking about his kids and grandkids and their college funds.... Can't fault a guy for that, right? LOL.

I thought I was the liberal in this conversation? :cool:

Updated by Dallas Morning News:

Report: Another autograph broker says Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel was paid $7,500 for autographs

By Jon Machota...

Another autograph broker has come forward, saying Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was paid $7,500 for signing approximately 300 mini- and full-sized helmets on Jan. 11-12.

According to ESPN.com, on Tuesday, an East Coast autograph broker played two cell phone videos showing Manziel signing Texas A&M helmets and footballs laid out on a bed in a hotel room.

While the videos do not show Manziel accepting any money, ESPN reports that one video includes Manziel saying “you never did a signing with me” and that if the broker were to tell anyone, he would refuse to deal with him in the future.

ESPN also reported that Manziel said if he was asked about the signatures, he would say he had simply been approached by various autograph seekers.

Manziel is currently being investigated by the NCAA for signing memorabilia in exchange for five-figure profits. NCAA rules prohibit student-athletes from profiting from the sale of their signatures. If the NCAA finds proof that Manziel accepted money in exchange for autographs, the Heisman Trophy winner could risk losing his eligibility for the upcoming season.

The broker, who said Manziel said he wanted money for new rims for his vehicle, told ESPN that he does not intend to cooperate with the ongoing NCAA investigation.

He's gotten Walter White Greedy. Probably half of that shit was shipped to China to compete with Yao Ming auto's.....

Walter White..WOW..Sunday's episode of Breaking Bad might have been the best thing I have ever seen on television. Damn I'm going to miss that show..

DEADSPIN nails the Manziel family..WOW

From the article. Speaking of the Manziel Family:

Their fortune was indeed made in oil—wildcatting, specifically—but there were also family sidelines in cockfighting, small-time grifting, match-fixing, and, if you believe the federal indictments, cocaine-trafficking and murder.

Great read..Here's the link

http://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how-the-manziels-conquered-america-1040593220

Edited by beevomav

Damn, that is some serious scoop on the family. Colorful history to say the least.

Yea and don't buy all that "Johnny's family has money" bullshit..This from Richie Witt's blog, The Sportatorium.

Paul was selling cars at Town East Ford in Mesquite as recently as a year ago. In other words, there is no oil fortune. Money isn't tight, but neither is it endless.

Explains a lot.

OK I got an update on Johnny daddy.

I asked this question on Richie Whits blog...BevoMavBlogAugust 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Are you sure about Manziel's dad working at Town East Ford in Mesquite? I have a buddy who sells cars there, and he says he knew nothing of him working there..

but..if the parents don't have big money, it brings up all sorts of other issues.

Who bought those court side seats at MSG? Those run about $5K a game.

I got this response about daddy..

Affirmative on Town East Ford, and the reason he quit was because management wasn't cool with his chronic absences during football season to watch JM. He is now (or was recently) used car manager at Honda in Longview. I agree that BIG MONEY is not at all the case in their immediate family.