Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas gets #2 national seed, will open regional play against Southern

image.thumb.png.ac19ed5f32f8435b9f41fcccd0f09b45.png

The NCAA tournament field was announced Monday afternoon. Texas was given the #2 overall national seed. The Longhorns will open regional play in Austin on Friday when they host Southern, the 4 seed. The game is scheduled for 1 PM and will be broadcasted on LHN.

The other matchup of the day will feature 2-seed Arizona State against 3-seed Fairfield. 

• Jameson McCausland changed the title to Texas gets #2 national seed, will open regional play against Southern
1 hour ago, java said:

I wouldn’t throw Pete Hansen. Isn’t he our Saturday starter? 

I would throw him game 2. That’s just my 2 cents worth.  

Hansen is the Sunday starter. 

FR Madden

SA Stevens

SU Hansen

TU Kubichek 

On 5/31/2021 at 10:06 PM, joeywa said:

Hansen is the Sunday starter. 

FR Madden

SA Stevens

SU Hansen

TU Kubichek 

I would start Kubichek or Stevens and try to save the bull pen as much as possible... but I'm not a coach so what do I know?

IIRC, Augie would do this and sometimes it looked like they werent going to get to the team Ace pitchers so he would give them some relief work to give them some work for the week

In the conference tourney, WV saved their ace for Texas and it worked for them and put Texas in a pickle 

I think I'd start Stevens on an extra day of rest then come back with Madden in game 2.

Southern shouldn't be able to hit Stevens who is known for not having elite stuff but generating a ton of ground balls. His stuff is elite by SWAC standards and those ground balls will likely become more whiffs.

I really believe Madden would benefit from the extra rest and could use him against the better teams.

20 hours ago, TB14 said:

I think I'd start Stevens on an extra day of rest then come back with Madden in game 2.

Southern shouldn't be able to hit Stevens who is known for not having elite stuff but generating a ton of ground balls. His stuff is elite by SWAC standards and those ground balls will likely become more whiffs.

I really believe Madden would benefit from the extra rest and could use him against the better teams.

thank you David Pierce for listening to me!