• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

T9 Southard closes it out. Horns win 14-3      

Texas wins 1-0 on to Super Regionals  

14 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Food for thought. 

Word in baseball circles is Schlossnagle and Tadlock are on their short wish list. 

They are on everybody’s list. Tadlock leaving would surprise me. Schlossnagle I’m not sure. But you never know if they throw a bunch of money out there... and it is the SEC SEC

44 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

They are on everybody’s list. Tadlock leaving would surprise me. Schlossnagle I’m not sure. But you never know if they throw a bunch of money out there... and it is the SEC SEC

Schloss is Top 4 in compensation among college baseball coaches. Tadlock top 9. 
I don’t see A&M paying that. 

37 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Schloss is Top 4 in compensation among college baseball coaches. Tadlock top 9. 
I don’t see A&M paying that. 

I agree. Schloss has a pretty good thing going at TCU and it’s sustainable. They have the resources and can recruit at a high level. I’ve also always felt that being at a private school like TCU benefits coaches in recruiting, especially with the rule passed a few years ago allowing programs to stack both academic and athletic financial aid in baseball. TCU can find some creative ways to get kids in with extra financial aid that a lot of public universities are unable to provide. Vanderbilt has been using this system for years but I’m sure it applies to a lot of private schools.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/college/ncaas-new-baseball-scholarship-rules-will-help-some-colleges-more-than-others/article_391e1c66-d59b-11ea-8b0c-0393de0a1bfc.html

• joeywa unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Tadlock is locked down with the extension.

Kendall is saying that the Schloss stuff is probably coach-speak.  I don't doubt that behind the scenes representatives from both sides are discussing things, but I just don't see A&M putting together a package that takes him from FTW.  He's already top-4 in compensation among all D1 baseball coaches.