Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How does one delete their account?

On 5/9/2021 at 11:43 PM, wadster said:

After reading some of the politics thread, I'm out. Too many people here are nuts. Admin please delete my account. 

Say bro!  I feel the EXACT same way you do about the political thread.  I was upset about it even being here.  But now I simply don't go to it.  I don't think you'll find a better forum to discuss Longhorn sports.  Stick around.  You'll love the community...promise!  HOOK 'EM!

On 5/10/2021 at 7:29 AM, dillohorn said:

Just don't read it, but stay here with us.

I agree with the sentiment and my initial instinctive reaction as well....but it assumes the OP is genuine in his request. To assume he is genuine also intends he's too dumb to know that he isnt forced to read a thread or a post for which he might get offended.  No. This is more likely a passive aggressive form of the cancel culture:  I want to CANCEL my account if y'all dont CANCEL your opinions that I dont want to engage.  pathetic

33 minutes ago, lshorn79 said:

Is there a way to block a thread from showing up on your Unread Content?

seriously?  I've been a member of this site since 2013 and felt compelled to go look for "unread content" only because you mentioned it. In 8 yrs, I have never even opened "unread content" before and doubt I will again. smh. THIS is your issue? wow.  CANCEL unread content!!!!

More passive aggressive cancel culture at work.  

47 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I agree with the sentiment and my initial instinctive reaction as well....but it assumes the OP is genuine in his request. To assume he is genuine intends he's too dumb to know that he isnt forced to read a thread or a post for which he might get offended.  No. This is more likely a passive aggressive form of the cancel culture:  I want to CANCEL my account if y'all dont CANCEL your opinions that I dont want to engage.  pathetic

Grocery Store Walmart GIF by John Crist Comedy

I honestly cannot tell you how long it’s been since I went to that thread. Not because I agree/disagree with anyone in there, rather I just have zero desire to discuss politics with anyone. I’d rather discuss other things like Texas Baseball and Football. I’m fine with any other off-topic posts/discussions as well. 
as mentioned above, those that want to discuss politics can go into the thread, while those that don’t are free to avoid it. It’s much better than other sites, where just about every discussion on just about every topic devolves at around 50 posts into someone turning the discussion political.  No thank you. 

The great thing about HornSports is that we’re still able to have different views yet discuss most things in a civilized manner outside of the politics thread. Think of that thread as a padded room with a floor of plastic balls. People go there and espouse views, throw themselves against the walls and then jump into the ball pit. When they’ve blown off their steam, the exit and interact nicely with the rest of the community. My 2-cents. 

Hope you don’t bail @wadsterbut if you do, I’m fairly certain you will run into similar types of people on both sides of the aisle on other sites.  The only difference is it won’t be isolated to one thread. 

HookEm🤘🏼

Yes, it's true, a discussion about politics can make you feel uncomfortable and that's not what you visit this site for. So the choice is definitely yours. 

But your vote is extremely important. Too many people vote just to say that they voted.  To cast a ballot without being fully informed is foolish and undermines the basis of our nation.

At times, the discussion can get a little overpassionate and personal, but there is a lot of good information on that thread on both sides. 

It is one of the few places where you can find both sides of political views at the same time without biased "moderators" and "journalists" found on the news media. Just ordinary folks like you and me who have no personal political agenda other than doing what we think is best for our country. 

And yes, that can be even more important than who wins a football game.

Thank you, HornSports, for allowing this opportunity. 

13 hours ago, joeywa said:

Hope you don’t bail @wadsterbut if you do, I’m fairly certain you will run into similar types of people on both sides of the aisle on other sites.  The only difference is it won’t be isolated to one thread. 

Trust me, it's a LOT worse on other sites. I've been on these boards for 20 yrs and this site's poli board is the tamest I've ever seen (more than 20 yrs ago was mostly bulletin board conversations which is a completely different format). People here mostly just post tweets and links and not a whole lot of arguing, calling names, or nastiness. Essentially, for someone to object to this site's poli board is to say, "I just cant stand reading stuff that I disagree with", which is beyond lame.