Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

C’mon People! Texas WVB in Nat’l Semi’s

Sorry I bailed on you Java. My phone crapped put and I was to into the match to mess with it. I have 3 daughters who all played from the time they could walk practically. We attended many many games at Gregory. 
I’m pumped about this groups success and I’ll be yelling at my TV Saturday night with my two youngest who now live and work in ATX.

Hook ‘em 

Big win for the ladies last night! Still too many service errors for my liking however they only had 8 of them vs 15 when they played the Huskers. Wisconsin returned the favor though with 5 SE's so that was only -3.

Texas lost the led late in set 1 & 3 but came back to win both sets. That was huge against the #1 team in the land. They also held the Badgers to a little over .200% on their hitting when they averaged around .330. The Texas MB's had big games, they led the way in hitting and blocking.

On the second Texas challenge, I thought they should have challenged if Molly's shot was in (I thought it was) vs where the Wisconsin libero (who BTW is a stud!) played the one ball back into play. Glad that didn't come back to hurt them!

Next up is Kentucky for the title!

Celebration Volleyball GIF by NCAA Championships

28 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Big win for the ladies last night! Still too many service errors for my liking however they only had 8 of them vs 15 when they played the Huskers. Wisconsin returned the favor though with 5 SE's so that was only -3.

Texas lost the led late in set 1 & 3 but came back to win both sets. That was huge against the #1 team in the land. They also held the Badgers to a little over .200% on their hitting when they averaged around .330. The Texas MB's had big games, they led the way in hitting and blocking.

On the second Texas challenge, I thought they should have challenged if Molly's shot was in (I thought it was) vs where the Wisconsin libero (who BTW is a stud!) played the one ball back into play. Glad that didn't come back to hurt them!

Next up is Kentucky for the title!

Celebration Volleyball GIF by NCAA Championships

Coach Elliot teaches aggressive serving so Texas tends to have a higher number of errors than most teams. Also more aces. It drives me a little crazy too Tejas, but you just have to live with that if your a Texas fan. 

The match last night was extremely high caliber VB by both teams. Wisconsin is an excellent team. The Horns just  made more plays at crucial times. I agree with your assessment of the Wisconsin libero ! I thought she was going to single handedly get them a set. I also thought the Texas defense and passing was as good as I have ever seen it last night. With their hitters, they are tough to beat when passing well and operating in system.

Cant wait for tomorrow night!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

Coach Elliot teaches aggressive serving so Texas tends to have a higher number of errors than most teams. Also more aces. It drives me a little crazy too Tejas, but you just have to live with that if your a Texas fan. 

Cant GIF by Yellowstone

Texas had less aces than Nebraska and Wisconsin and had more SE's than both. It cost Texas the set they lost vs Nebraska. FYI,, for the year, Texas has 159 aces vs 278 SE's. Granted I know they're fixing to play for the NC but missing serves is a pet peeve of mine.

I’m with you Tejas. I guess I’ve given in as I have seen the same trend with Texas volleyball over the years.

My pet peeve has always been inconsistent passing. If your back row players can’t pass then you negate all those hitters. This year’s group had passed pretty consistently (knock on wood).

Here’s to no service errors and great passing in the championship game 🤘🏼

54 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

So I read some of the comments from the link @Soldierhornposted and what struck me funny was the ones about Lexi Sun, who was the #1 recruit and started at Texas before transferring to Nebraska. Word on the street was she was an issue in the locker room and her leaving Texas was addition by subtraction. 

I remember reading about that. Nobody came right out and said it but it sure was implied by multiple players. I don’t remember who said it but I remember one player saying to the effect that Texas volleyball is not for everyone. 
I had forgotten about her until that match.