Report: Chris Beard hired as head basketball coach at Texas

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will help

As long as Lebron James and the rest of the “wokeness” crap keeps being celebrated by the nba, I am more than happy to see them go broke. 

IMHO, Ford is the best basketball player to ever play at Texas. That put back dunk of his against Baylor was mind blowing.

Posted Images

A friend/client I have, who has never been a source of any recruiting info but has always been a bigger hoops fan than football fan (I know, I know), says there are at least two five-stars who will be joining Beard's next signing class. He told me who, but I don't want to put that out there. The rankings should speak for themselves.

He pointed out that he doesn't know that those will be the only five-stars that Beard gets. He's just very sure about those two in particular.

Of course I asked how close he was to this info. He said "in the program-close"

2 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

This thread on Beard looks like it is just turning into a general basketball info thread & I dont see another more applicable basketball thread so...

I would rather see 1-and-done players do this than pretend to get an education...

Thats fine but I've never heard of the OE or the ABL.

8 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

This thread on Beard looks like it is just turning into a general basketball info thread & I dont see another more applicable basketball thread so...

I would rather see 1-and-done players do this than pretend to get an education...

I'm afraid this will end college basketball as we know it. The top talent coming out of high school will go to this league every year. 10 teams = top 100 HS players all on 2 year contracts.

9 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm afraid this will end college basketball as we know it. The top talent coming out of high school will go to this league every year. 10 teams = top 100 HS players all on 2 year contracts.

I agree... but I think it will be a long process. the college MBB final four still had much better ratings than the NBA.  However, if the NBA can continue to play these players right out of high school, then the NBA will be playing the long game. 5-10 yrs of doing this and the  NBA will essentially have a real farm system similar to baseball 

20 minutes ago, Baron said:

For now, College hoops has a lot on anything else. Big stadiums, filled stadiums, meaningful games, high profile tournaments, big time coaches, and tons and tons of exposure.

I still have no idea what that ABL even is at this point.

18 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I agree... but I think it will be a long process. the college MBB final four still had much better ratings than the NBA.  However, if the NBA can continue to play these players right out of high school, then the NBA will be playing the long game. 5-10 yrs of doing this and the  NBA will essentially have a real farm system similar to baseball 

I don't think so. This isn't the first attempt at a play-in league. Nobody keeps up with those leagues, at least not to this point. Several UT alums went to the NBA by way of this league. Aldrich was one. Didn't hear about him much again until he was brought up to the NBA.