• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Disu is having a lousy game.

Carr is playing like Carr. 

Allen is playing sloppy.

Thankfully, OSU isn't playing well either.

Partially agree with these.

Getting 12 pts and 8 boards from Disu is really good, but his lack of trapping the guard in pick and rolls was mind blowing.  BTW, which coach thinks it's good to have Hunter and not Mitchell as the weak side help should be questioned.

Carr is doind what we all were hoping for last year. 

Hunter is playing like he is dazed and confused.

Allen actually had a good night unlike Saturday. He had 17 pts., 7 boards, 3 assists and a block or 2.

OSU isn't good offensively. Something that is about to change with the upcoming teams.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:48 AM, tejasrulz said:

Beard vs Barnes would have been great to see, student vs the master.

head hand GIF

Another thought about this.... Terry was assistant under Barnes from 2002 - 2011.  So, in essence we are getting student vs the master on Saturday!  Prime time matchup.... looking forward to it (even if it is in Knoxville)!!  

11 hours ago, david ficken said:

Partially agree with these.

Getting 12 pts and 8 boards from Disu is really good, but his lack of trapping the guard in pick and rolls was mind blowing.  BTW, which coach thinks it's good to have Hunter and not Mitchell as the weak side help should be questioned.

Carr is doind what we all were hoping for last year. 

Hunter is playing like he is dazed and confused.

Allen actually had a good night unlike Saturday. He had 17 pts., 7 boards, 3 assists and a block or 2.

OSU isn't good offensively. Something that is about to change with the upcoming teams.

Agreed here. Disu got several big offensive boards. Missed a few put backs but hit his free throws. Same with Allen. He's crafty around the rim and knows how to get to the line. 17 points in less than 10 attempts.

Another good win for the Horns. I'm coming out of this game cautiously optimistic about Hunter. Although he didn't feel up the stat sheet, he had some moments setting up and initiating the offense. He definitely likes to play fast and run. Hopefully this is something he can build on.

On 1/24/2023 at 2:11 AM, david ficken said:

Did anyone else see thwt for the 1st time in the AP poll of women's basketball no team from Texas was in it😣

Texas' women's team just barely dropped out after losing to Tech, they were the team with the 27th most votes in the poll.

I'm hoping they get back in the top 25 with a 20 point win over #14 OU tonight!

Texas leads the best basketball conference (B12) in the Kenpom rankings

9. Texas 17-3
10. Kansas 16-4
13. Iowa State 15-4
14. TCU 16-4
15. Baylor 15-5
21. West Virginia 12-8
26. Kansas State 17-3
38. Oklahoma State 11-9
52. Oklahoma 11-9
70. Texas Tech 10-10

1. Houston 19-2
57. UCF 13-7
68. Cincinnati 14-7
83. BYU 14-9

9 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Sagarin Basketball Rankings (1/26/23)

7. Texas 17-3
9. Baylor 15-5
10. TCU 16-4
11. Kansas 16-4
16. Iowa State 15-4
27. Kansas State 17-3
32. West Virginia 12-8
39. Oklahoma State 11-9
49. Oklahoma 11-9
52. Texas Tech 10-10

1. Houston 19-2
55. Cincinnati 13-7
65. UCF 13-7
77. BYU 12-9

Lunardi has Tennessee as #4 overall and Texas as #5. 

9 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Texas is down at the half, 40-28, to Tenn. They're killing us on the boards (21-13) and it didn't help that we went on a scoring drought.

Tenn is playing well. We're playing timid. Gotta cut it loose in the 2nd half. Relax. Play ball.

This Texas team is a solid team, but they have to somehow figure out how to get a lot more out of Mitchell and Hunter for them to make a run in the tournament.  Carr can't do it all, luckily Rice has been coming on lately.  Allen also needs to pick it up some as well.  

All that said, this team is 17-4 and still hasn't peaked yet and that is exciting.

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I’m not a fan of the 3 guard lineup that Terry seems to be settling in on.  

I’m also not a fan of sitting the two 5 star freshmen and not developing them with some game time.

Completely agree.  Morris and Mitchell should be contributing more at this point.

Disappointing game in Knoxville. The Vols controlled throughout and we never threatened. I’m still disappointed in this season’s defensive play. I don’t feel they are locked in at the defensive end. I feel that’s at least easier to control than inconsistent offense. 
Two tough ones on the road next week. Let’s get some wins!

Hook ‘em

14 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I’m not a fan of the 3 guard lineup that Terry seems to be settling in on.  

I’m also not a fan of sitting the two 5 star freshmen and not developing them with some game time.

Barnes runs a 3 guard offense and it worked yesterday. A lot of coaches like having speed on the court and that's the best way to do it.

The drought in the 1st half and lack of rebounds killed us. I believe Tenn went on a 12-0 run and we lost by 11. We had open shots and some within the paint but they just weren't falling.

14 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Barnes runs a 3 guard offense and it worked yesterday. A lot of coaches like having speed on the court and that's the best way to do it.

The drought in the 1st half and lack of rebounds killed us. I believe Tenn went on a 12-0 run and we lost by 11. We had open shots and some within the paint but they just weren't falling.

Agreed.  Plus, Scott Drew runs as good 3 guard offense if not better than what Barnes is running.

We had better be much better and ready on Monday night for Baylor at home than we were for Tennessee on Saturday evening.