Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

14 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Remember, WV beat TCU earlier this week who just destroyed Kansas in their house. A win on the road in the Big XII is huge, I'll take it.

Big 12 is definitely the toughest league in the country. I am a bit surprised that the early WL records are so spread out with WV and Tech only having 1 league win between the two of them. Those two along with with the Oklahoma schools are currently at risk of missing the tournament if they don't start picking up some quality wins.

15 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Remember, WV beat TCU earlier this week who just destroyed Kansas in their house. A win on the road in the Big XII is huge, I'll take it.

I don't take any of the conference games lightly. Whether at home or on the road every game is a big test. OSU just beat ISU and should've been beaten Kansas.  Getting 3 road wins is huge. Would love to get 2-3 more especially at KSU, TCU, and tech. Also, hoping to beat Baylor and Kansas at home.

Just think Kansas only had 1 loss before the past week and by the weekend they could be at 5 losses with them going to Baylor and Kentucky this week.

12 hours ago, david ficken said:

I don't take any of the conference games lightly. Whether at home or on the road every game is a big test. OSU just beat ISU and should've been beaten Kansas.  Getting 3 road wins is huge. Would love to get 2-3 more especially at KSU, TCU, and tech. Also, hoping to beat Baylor and Kansas at home.

Just think Kansas only had 1 loss before the past week and by the weekend they could be at 5 losses with them going to Baylor and Kentucky this week.

We play only 4 more conference games against unranked opponents (8 more games against schools ranked 17 or higher). Of the 4, 3 are at home and the other is at Tech. Winning 3-4 of those games is very important.

Of the 7 conference games against ranked opponents, 3 are at home and 4 on the road. Winning 3-4 of those games would be very impressive as well. 

If we take 6-8 of the above wins, we would finished the big 12 with a record between 11-7 and 13-5, probably between 2nd and 5th in conference and between #10-#20 in the nation going into the tourney. A top 3-5 seed in March would be a good result for us overall.

4 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

We play only 4 more conference games against unranked opponents (8 more games against schools ranked 17 or higher). Of the 4, 3 are at home and the other is at Tech. Winning 3-4 of those games is very important.

Of the 7 conference games against ranked opponents, 3 are at home and 4 on the road. Winning 3-4 of those games would be very impressive as well. 

If we take 6-8 of the above wins, we would finished the big 12 with a record between 11-7 and 13-5, probably between 2nd and 5th in conference and between #10-#20 in the nation going into the tourney. A top 3-5 seed in March would be a good result for us overall.

Tenn game and BIG 12 tourney results would of course adjust things a littler bit in either direction.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah, it was a rout. Tenn probably remember that very well.

52-51 Texas was a rout? It was an very exciting game, but rout isn't something I would call it.

BTW, how often does Kansas lose 3 in a row an possibly a 4th on Saturday. 

Did anyone else see thwt for the 1st time in the AP poll of women's basketball no team from Texas was in it😣

13 hours ago, david ficken said:

52-51 Texas was a rout? It was an very exciting game, but rout isn't something I would call it.

BTW, how often does Kansas lose 3 in a row an possibly a 4th on Saturday. 

Did anyone else see thwt for the 1st time in the AP poll of women's basketball no team from Texas was in it😣

My bad then. I thought we had blown them out last year.

13 minutes ago, General Hooker said:

Gotta love Cunningham. He is a gamer.

Cunningham with a career high 15, Hit 3 3 threes. It shouldn't be a surprise that he is the highest percentage shooter from 3 for us. He is getting more opportunities this year though obviously not a big scorer for us.

Team was good on offense tonight, 51% from the field, 62% from 3 and 85% FT. If we shoot like that I don't think we lose any game out there.

5 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Cunningham with a career high 15, Hit 3 3 threes. It shouldn't be a surprise that he is the highest percentage shooter from 3 for us. He is getting more opportunities this year though obviously not a big scorer for us.

Team was good on offense tonight, 51% from the field, 62% from 3 and 85% FT. If we shoot like that I don't think we lose any game out there.

The free throws were key in the 2nd half. OSU kept sending us to the line and we kept making them. We held our lead this way.