Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

88-43 Texas. The team played really well after a tough loss. They shot 59.7% from the field and 40.9% from 3 pt range. The only negative was shooting only 50% from the line.

I'm not sure of the numbers but I believe a lot of points were scored in the paint, which is always a good thing. BTW APB played TCU & ou tough earlier this year. The Horns were just too much, especially in the 2nd half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing different about this team than in years past is that they are really deep. He rotates 5 guys in and there is no drop off. In years past if a couple guys were having a bad game, they were done. Now Beard has enough guys that a couple can be going bad and someone will pick the team up. Different guys are the leader every game. This is why CDC went and got Beard. 🤘🤘🐂🐂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

One thing different about this team than in years past is that they are really deep. He rotates 5 guys in and there is no drop off. In years past if a couple guys were having a bad game, they were done. Now Beard has enough guys that a couple can be going bad and someone will pick the team up. Different guys are the leader every game. This is why CDC went and got Beard. 🤘🤘🐂🐂

Yea it took losing to Abilene Christian in the 1st round (really sucked at the time!), but it was a blessing in disguise since we got Beard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Did Beard get arrested?

Beard, Christopher Michael - Age 49
Booking Information
Booking Number
2224803
Booked
12/12/2022 at 4:18 AM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A223460013
Facility
Central Booking
Charges (1)
ASSAULT ON FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD MEMBER IMPEDE BREATH CIRCULATION
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Did Beard get arrested?

Beard, Christopher Michael - Age 49
Booking Information
Booking Number
2224803
Booked
12/12/2022 at 4:18 AM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A223460013
Facility
Central Booking
Charges (1)
ASSAULT ON FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD MEMBER IMPEDE BREATH CIRCULATION
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number

Appears to be true.  “Family member?”  Hopefully not a woman…. Is that an appropriate thing to hope for? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man both our basketball teams held such promise at the beginning of the season. 

The women's team has been beset by nagging injuries and the "flood of newcomers" inconsistency. Now they lost their best player perhaps for the season.

And now this. Minimum a few games suspension, worst case, he is gone.

So bummed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Man both our basketball teams held such promise at the beginning of the season. 

The women's team has been beset by nagging injuries and the "flood of newcomers" inconsistency. Now they lost their best player perhaps for the season.

And now this. Minimum a few games suspension, worst case, he is gone.

So bummed.

I'm an optimist but in today's society and if this was done to his wife, I don't see how he's not done. I know everyone's innocent until proven guilty but it aint looking good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

If it's a woman, he's gone and probably done coaching at any level (if found guilty). Man, he had the world in his hands. I'm beyond bummed.

Could be. Hopefully when the facts come out it's not so bad that firing is the only option. 

Hopefully it's something his family and the University can address and move forward from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...