Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

88-43 Texas. The team played really well after a tough loss. They shot 59.7% from the field and 40.9% from 3 pt range. The only negative was shooting only 50% from the line.

I'm not sure of the numbers but I believe a lot of points were scored in the paint, which is always a good thing. BTW APB played TCU & ou tough earlier this year. The Horns were just too much, especially in the 2nd half.

One thing different about this team than in years past is that they are really deep. He rotates 5 guys in and there is no drop off. In years past if a couple guys were having a bad game, they were done. Now Beard has enough guys that a couple can be going bad and someone will pick the team up. Different guys are the leader every game. This is why CDC went and got Beard. 🤘🤘🐂🐂

22 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

One thing different about this team than in years past is that they are really deep. He rotates 5 guys in and there is no drop off. In years past if a couple guys were having a bad game, they were done. Now Beard has enough guys that a couple can be going bad and someone will pick the team up. Different guys are the leader every game. This is why CDC went and got Beard. 🤘🤘🐂🐂

Yea it took losing to Abilene Christian in the 1st round (really sucked at the time!), but it was a blessing in disguise since we got Beard.

• Administrators

Did Beard get arrested?

Beard, Christopher Michael - Age 49
Booking Information
Booking Number
Booked
12/12/2022 at 4:18 AM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A223460013
Facility
Central Booking
Charges (1)
ASSAULT ON FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD MEMBER IMPEDE BREATH CIRCULATION
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number

33 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Did Beard get arrested?

Beard, Christopher Michael - Age 49
Booking Information
Booking Number
Booked
12/12/2022 at 4:18 AM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A223460013
Facility
Central Booking
Charges (1)
ASSAULT ON FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD MEMBER IMPEDE BREATH CIRCULATION
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number

Appears to be true.  “Family member?”  Hopefully not a woman…. Is that an appropriate thing to hope for? 

Man both our basketball teams held such promise at the beginning of the season. 

The women's team has been beset by nagging injuries and the "flood of newcomers" inconsistency. Now they lost their best player perhaps for the season.

And now this. Minimum a few games suspension, worst case, he is gone.

So bummed.

4 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Man both our basketball teams held such promise at the beginning of the season. 

The women's team has been beset by nagging injuries and the "flood of newcomers" inconsistency. Now they lost their best player perhaps for the season.

And now this. Minimum a few games suspension, worst case, he is gone.

So bummed.

I'm an optimist but in today's society and if this was done to his wife, I don't see how he's not done. I know everyone's innocent until proven guilty but it aint looking good.

17 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

If it's a woman, he's gone and probably done coaching at any level (if found guilty). Man, he had the world in his hands. I'm beyond bummed.

Could be. Hopefully when the facts come out it's not so bad that firing is the only option. 

Hopefully it's something his family and the University can address and move forward from.