Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

We have a 5 star on OV this weekend from McKinney  for next year and a 3 star for the '22 season also coming in. He got a release since SMU replaced their head coach. Also, working on Lofton Jr.?   We still need more bodies to be competitive as Beard wants us to be especially with the new Moody center opening.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:20 PM, 83Dee said:

Doesn’t Askew have to sit out a year since this is his second portal transfer?

Everything that I've seen shows that he must sit out unless he goes JC ( at least for 1 if not 2 semester) or Small college ( division  II or lower). Or he goes to whatever the minor league NBA is now.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:26 AM, david ficken said:

Everything that I've seen shows that he must sit out unless he goes JC ( at least for 1 if not 2 semester) or Small college ( division  II or lower). Or he goes to whatever the minor league NBA is now.

Or gets a waiver, which haven't been hard to come by.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, longhorn_mig said:

Also, sounds like Disu is coming back unless he heads to the NBA. Based on last season, coming back seems way more likely.

Above it says he committed to Cal... what am I missing? 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:09 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Or gets a waiver, which haven't been hard to come by.

Yes, the waiver is getting passed around like a clearance item. Guessing both Tre Mitchell and Devin Askew are getting them.

Guessing we are in a wait and watch mode for some of these guys? Anything anyone is hearing? 

2 hours ago, TB14 said:

Tyrese commits to Texas! #HookEM

Hunter said he loved Chris Beard’s vision for the program. He said they are hungry and have a dog mentality. 

Man I like hearing that.  Beard is building something here IMO.  We won a game in the tournament this year and I think we’ll be quite a bit better next year. Both men’s and women’s basketball is definitely heading in the right direction. This is the way The University of Texas should be. 🤘🤘🐂🐂