Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

31 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Doesn’t Askew have to sit out a year since this is his second portal transfer?

Would like the answer also. Portal rules says one time transfer. But proably exceptions.

29 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Glad Carr is coming back.  When he played well the team usually played well.  He’s a good player. 

Slide him over to off-guard and have a rotation of Carr and Rice.  Carr can then get some rest and come in to play PG for a spell.

Prediction for starting 5:

PG - Morris

SG - Carr

SF - Mitchell

F - Allen

F/C - a healthy Disu (you could tell he was still tentative on that knee last year).  Could also see Bishop here.

1st off the Bench: Rice, Bishop and Cunningham

BIG lineup: Carr, Mitchel, Allen, Bishop, Disu

Small/press lineup: Morris, Carr, Rice, Mitchell, Bishop

If you havent noticed, im expecting big things out of Mitchell.  Can play multiple spots.

16 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Well that sucks. Hopefully they just want feedback from the NBA on areas to work on to rise their stock next year. But it only takes 1 team to screw that up and then both is getting agents screws them out of playing college ball and if not drafted then hope a team picks th em up and gets them into the whatever letter they are on minor league basketball.

7 hours ago, david ficken said:

Well that sucks. Hopefully they just want feedback from the NBA on areas to work on to rise their stock next year. But it only takes 1 team to screw that up and then both is getting agents screws them out of playing college ball and if not drafted then hope a team picks th em up and gets them into the whatever letter they are on minor league basketball.

Can players work with agents now with the NIL changes? I know I have heard about football players having agents to help with NIL activities so I am wondering if hiring an agent would disqualify players from returning for college basketball. 

6 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Can players work with agents now with the NIL changes? I know I have heard about football players having agents to help with NIL activities so I am wondering if hiring an agent would disqualify players from returning for college basketball. 

I'm not certain with the NIL changes, but what I've read is that if a player signs with an agent they can't return.  But the NIL and the compliance department might have changed this.