Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The Texas Lady Longhorns are Big 12 Conference Champs!

Big win over Baylor, 67-58.

Congratulations to the Lady Longhorns and Congratulations to Rori Harmon, Player of the Game!

This is the ladies' first Big 12 title since 2003.

I haven't watched much but I've heard several people compare Rori Harmon's impact at guard to be on par with TJ Ford. Only a freshmen and the clear leader of this team going into her first March. Will be fun to see what she does over the next 3 years.

On 3/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, BWilk55 said:

I haven't watched much but I've heard several people compare Rori Harmon's impact at guard to be on par with TJ Ford. Only a freshmen and the clear leader of this team going into her first March. Will be fun to see what she does over the next 3 years.

Big praise, IMHO TJ Ford is the best ever to play at Texas. 

14 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

That’s going to help 🤘🤘🐂🐂

Brock will be back too. He posted a sentimental message after the tourney loss and many assumed it meant he was done. He clarified that he will indeed be returning. 

He is a big culture win for Beard and having him back is certainly a plus. I am concerned because it does put one of my favorite stats in question - Brock has more career fouls than points. This past year was the first where he outscored his fouls 78-72 and his career fouls over points total narrowed to +10. 

5 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Brock will be back too. He posted a sentimental message after the tourney loss and many assumed it meant he was done. He clarified that he will indeed be returning. 

He is a big culture win for Beard and having him back is certainly a plus. I am concerned because it does put one of my favorite stats in question - Brock has more career fouls than points. This past year was the first where he outscored his fouls 78-72 and his career fouls over points total narrowed to +10. 

Brock contributes with his defense, knack of getting rebounds and hustle. Any points he scores are bonus points. IMHO, he needs to control his fouls so they aren't technicals or frequent. 

2 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Brock contributes with his defense, knack of getting rebounds and hustle. Any points he scores are bonus points. IMHO, he needs to control his fouls so they aren't technicals or frequent. 

Did you see the three he made the other night? lol. Camera zoomed in on him, he looked surprised. lol

Glad to have bpth Cummingham and Bishop back. Hopefully,  Cummingham is put at the 3 not the 4 or 5 positions like this past year. Cummingham was almost 50% from the 3s BTW.  I'll take his hustle and close to 50% 3s from the 3(small forward) position over what we saw this year.   (Check Febres numbers).

If Beard it really trying to get us to where we want to go, then get  bigs at the center and pf positions. Disu is a solid PF. Bishop is a solid back-up PF. Need to get 2 Centers that are like Sims or better. That with most everyone else except for Ramey. I don't  mind AJ with Morris and D. Mitchell and the other new guard with most of the holdovers and finding 1-2 bigs at the center position.

Get T.J. or Coleman to work with Askew should help Askew better.

Then they need to decide the offense they want to run to help Askew and Morris run.

We are rid of Ramey, Febres, and Licon. Are we better across the board. 

Image 2 deep across the board if eveyone comes back except Ramey. Plus we add ar least 2 legit bigs and 1 legit PG with everyone.

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

When I went to the Tennessee game, he hit 8 straight 3's (nothing but net) during warmups. He's a better shooter than we give him credit for.

He was 11/23 on the year, just not a major part of our gameplan. Maybe this upcoming season will see him open it up a bit more on offense.

4 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

When I went to the Tennessee game, he hit 8 straight 3's (nothing but net) during warmups. He's a better shooter than we give him credit for.

He can shoot, however I believe he has a confidence issue. Example, in one game I saw where he passed a wide open 10 foot baseline shot. Instead he dribbled into coverage and turned the ball over. A shooter would have shot that ball. There have been other examples of this.

And yes, I knew he had a good 3pt percentage.