Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

I stopped counting turnovers at 20. We simply have to do better.

Texas pulls out the win, 56-51.

Next up, TCU at Gallagher-Iba. If you want a preview, the Iowa State-TCU game followed the Texas game.

Next Saturday, Texas welcomes Rick Barnes and his #24 Tennessee Volunteers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I stopped counting turnovers at 20. We simply have to do better.

Texas pulls out the win, 56-51.

Next up, TCU at Gallagher-Iba. If you want a preview, the Iowa State-TCU game followed the Texas game.

Next Saturday, Texas welcomes Rick Barnes and his #24 Tennessee Volunteers.

I’m going to be in the house against Texas Tech so we gonna win that one 🤫🤫🤫🤘🤘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I stopped counting turnovers at 20. We simply have to do better.

Texas pulls out the win, 56-51.

Next up, TCU at Gallagher-Iba. If you want a preview, the Iowa State-TCU game followed the Texas game.

Next Saturday, Texas welcomes Rick Barnes and his #24 Tennessee Volunteers.

As soon as you stopped counting, the TO's ended so quit counting them! 😉

I agree though, way too many TO's and some were really bad. I saw Beard get really mad a couple of times due to players not taking wide open shots. They tried to penetrate into crowded areas and yep, they would turn it over. Shooters can't hesitate, you do that and it likely doesn't end well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

Hope to see that same effort on the boards and defense on Saturday.

I agree with you.  The effort tonight was great both individually and as a team.  Getting some easy baskets going forward will help as well.  

 

38 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

By far the best complete game we've played so far.

Tennessee will be tough defensively. They can't shoot a lick but create offense with their defense, scoring in transition.

If we are hitting shots, we should beat Barnes & co.

 

Yes, the best complete game so far.

Tennessee's defense will be tough. Also, i will expect Barness to have his guys ready to play maybe this game than most other games.

That being said if we play the type of defense like tonight and get some early easy baskets to get up early will help on Saturday.  Plus any and all other games going forward.  I was hoping to see play like this in the early part of the conference play, but didn't see it.  Maybe having Allen bring the ball up and Carr at the off guard will help.  Carr turned the ball over 2-3 times tonight not the multiple times like in previous games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I laughed when people were saying we were no better off now than when we have Shaka Smart.  It’s going to take Beard a little while but make no mistake…….we’re better off.  I think in time he can get us to Monday night.  
 

Coach Vic too. 
 

CDC knew what he was doing going out and getting these two guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

I laughed when people were saying we were no better off now than when we have Shaka Smart.  It’s going to take Beard a little while but make no mistake…….we’re better off.  I think in time he can get us to Monday night.  
 

Coach Vic too. 
 

CDC knew what he was doing going out and getting these two guys. 

Yea I chuckled too.

Big road win against a good team. Just look what TCU did to Iowa St in Ames. It was nice to see Jones break out of his 2 game slump. I also noticed @Sirhornsalotwasn't counting TOs and Texas had 1/2 of what they did the other night. 😉

You also have to love the play and hustle by Cunningham. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Great performance for sure. Yes last years team was better than this years but if we avoid a first round upset then we will be fine and no one will remember anything else. All about March. 

I certainly disagree. Last year's team lost 7 games despite having 8 other games cancelled, including a probable loss to KU in the Big 12 tourney.

And lastly, . . and really this is all I need to say . . . that team lost to Abilene Christian in front of the whole world.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I certainly disagree. Last year's team lost 7 games despite having 8 other games cancelled, including a probable loss to KU in the Big 12 tourney.

And lastly, . . and really this is all I need to say . . . that team lost to Abilene Christian in front of the whole world.

 

That team also had 7 ranked wins. Not sure why'd you say KU was a likely loss either. We had already beaten them twice. Without the close upset in the tourney, Everyone would say it was a great success. March is the only thing that matters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TB14 said:

That team also had 7 ranked wins. Not sure why'd you say KU was a likely loss either. We had already beaten them twice. Without the close upset in the tourney, Everyone would say it was a great success. March is the only thing that matters

"and really this is all I need to say . . . that team lost to Abilene Christian in front of the whole world."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...