Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

18 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

If anyone knows of any decent tickets for sale on February 19th, (Texas Tech) please let me know.  3 tickets.  Thanks I appreciate it!!! 

I assume you checked through the school. If there aren’t decent tickets left with a month out then a lot of Tech fans have already bought them. Lol

8 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I assume you checked through the school. If there aren’t decent tickets left with a month out then a lot of Tech fans have already bought them. Lol

My daughter is checking.  She said $76 dollars a piece in the nose bleed section.  I went last year and watched Kansas and had good seats for like $30. I guess it’s just so much more excitement now with Beard and company.  

15 games left in the regular season. 

6 games with Baylor, Kansas, and Tech( who just beat Baylor at Baylor).

Plus 2 road games at OU and WV.  Along with a home game with Tennessee.

So, we really need to win tomorrow at ISU (ESPN + app).  Plus the next 3.

Our defense has been as good or better than i thought it could be.

Our offense has been below or average than what most of us thought it to be.    We have solid offensive players, but maybe only Allen has been the most consistent player on the offensive side.

Wondering if Beard made it to the final 4 and finals because of Culver? A small forward that could create for others as well as himself.  Maybe hoping Allen is the same type player, but we will see.

It's  disappointing that we have veteran guards that don't know how to attack 1-3-1, 2-3, and 3-2 zones to get the advantage for the offensive play. 

Nor have an true identity on offense.  Sound familiar? 

10 hours ago, david ficken said:

15 games left in the regular season. 

6 games with Baylor, Kansas, and Tech( who just beat Baylor at Baylor).

Plus 2 road games at OU and WV.  Along with a home game with Tennessee.

So, we really need to win tomorrow at ISU (ESPN + app).  Plus the next 3.

Our defense has been as good or better than i thought it could be.

Our offense has been below or average than what most of us thought it to be.    We have solid offensive players, but maybe only Allen has been the most consistent player on the offensive side.

Wondering if Beard made it to the final 4 and finals because of Culver? A small forward that could create for others as well as himself.  Maybe hoping Allen is the same type player, but we will see.

It's  disappointing that we have veteran guards that don't know how to attack 1-3-1, 2-3, and 3-2 zones to get the advantage for the offensive play. 

Nor have an true identity on offense.  Sound familiar? 

Defense is pretty good this year and even though they aren't scoring as much I like this offense better than what Shaka trotted out on the court.

Can someone explain ranking for basketball? It makes zero sense to me. For example, Texas is 13-3, 3-1 in conference and ranked 21st in the nation. ISU is 13-3, 1-3 in conference but ranked 15th in the nation. How's that work??? Was their non-conference that much better than Texas? How they have 3 conference losses but be considered better nationally than Texas? Can someone make this make sense?

14 hours ago, Baron said:

Defense is pretty good this year and even though they aren't scoring as much I like this offense better than what Shaka trotted out on the court.

I agree with you. But wasn't comparing this year's team to anything of Smarts' teams. I was comparimg them more to Barnes team's during his tenure.  Most of the teams and Barnes ran were good or better defensively and good offensively, but once in the grind of the conference play the offense went away while the defense stayed.

Just hoping to be wrong on the offense  while the defense remains and the offense progresses.

What the hell did I just watch. 

How do you go away from Carr?

Blanks said it right, AJ starting chasing shots instead of letting the offense flow to him. I could say the same for Ramey. These two are really good, but let their ego get in the way of team ball on the offensive side.

Need to get Mitchell and Disu going again. We were better when they score early and often.

BTW, those refs let a flop go and it should have been a warning to KSU. It didn't change the outcome, but it did put a 2nd foul on Ramey in the 1st half and the refs took forever to make a ruling.  They are supposed to call the flops.

Let's hope that the last 2 games don't lead to losing 3 in a row; or 5 of 6 games. 

As stated above several times, this loss was bad. In the Big XII you need to win all your home games and sneak a victory or 3 on the road. This loss eliminates the 1 road win (at KSU) the Horns had.

Carr tried to carry the whole team and did for the majority of the 2nd half but just couldn't do it. Allen had a decent game but missed badly on those 2 FTs near the end. Jones and Ramey each had a very bad night shooting the ball.

10 hours ago, david ficken said:

BTW, those refs let a flop go and it should have been a warning to KSU. It didn't change the outcome, but it did put a 2nd foul on Ramey in the 1st half and the refs took forever to make a ruling.  They are supposed to call the flops.

I too thought that was a flop however a different angle clearly showed Ramey's elbow hit the KSU player sqaure in the head, so who knows. If it was a flop, it was well played.