Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

Offense is still a work in progress.   Allen shows that if the offense starts through him usually good results, but the guards have to start shooting better from the outside.  The high/low post between Disu and Mitchell can work if the guards are better from the outside. Allen and Carr are the best at dribble drive, but both need work from the outside. Ramey and AJ are what they are.  

Did no one watch the game today?

WVa was short handed and it showed but a win is a win.

I think it's time for Beard to stop tinkering with the lineup. Carr, Mitchell, Jones, Disu and Allen are your starters in my book. Ramey, Cunningham, Febres, Askew and Bishop off the bench are gravy.

34 minutes ago, Baron said:

I think it's time for Beard to stop tinkering with the lineup. Carr, Mitchell, Jones, Disu and Allen are your starters in my book. Ramey, Cunningham, Febres, Askew and Bishop off the bench are gravy.

This is the deepest team I think we've ever had.

On 1/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, Baron said:

I watched the game. While WV was without their stud, the Horns still played very well and built up a big lead. In the second half Beard rested a lot of regulars and that's when WV made a mini-run. 

As far as tinkering with the line-up, I'd like to think/hope that Beard is making a point of you practice hard, you get a shot of starting. That and maybe going with who's hot leading up to the game and who matches up better against certain teams.

The Big XII is loaded this year. Baylor is the top of the class but it should be interesting to see who the next 3 or 4 teams are.

Huggy Bear on our "home court advantage": "We refuse to understand how hard this league is and how hard people play in this league and how hard it's officiate and how hard is everything. This is one of the easiest places to play because they don't bring people in here. Go to K-State. Go to KU. Go to Oklahoma State. That's hard. You can't hear coaches yelling things out. You can't hear your teammates.... Here, you can hear conversations in the stands almost."

27 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Huggy Bear on our "home court advantage": "We refuse to understand how hard this league is and how hard people play in this league and how hard it's officiate and how hard is everything. This is one of the easiest places to play because they don't bring people in here. Go to K-State. Go to KU. Go to Oklahoma State. That's hard. You can't hear coaches yelling things out. You can't hear your teammates.... Here, you can hear conversations in the stands almost."

Hopefully the new arena will have some configuration changes such as the students being behind the benches and the gray hairs (which I'm one) on the other side of the court. Think Duke or NC.

Years ago I took my kids to a game and they were standing up and cheering during the game. We were asked by some older folks behind us to please sit down during the game and only stand during TOs and breaks. Out of respect we did but that's always has been a problem at the FEC. That and basketball just isn't that big in this state.

24 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Hopefully the new arena will have some configuration changes such as the students being behind the benches and the gray hairs (which I'm one) on the other side of the court. Think Duke or NC.

Years ago I took my kids to a game and they were standing up and cheering during the game. We were asked by some older folks behind us to please sit down during the game and only stand during TOs and breaks. Out of respect we did but that's always has been a problem at the FEC. That and basketball just isn't that big in this state.

You should have said "okay, but you're only allowed one restroom break for the game."

Did they tell you what soda you could drink, too? lol

8 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I've always noted the amount of gray hairs that occupy the first 8-10 rows sideline that are like mannequins. Those seats have to go to fans that are rowdy and engaged.  (Note: gray hair here.)

5 hours ago, TB14 said:

Atmosphere will get better. Just not on New Year’s Day at 11am against an unranked team from 1000 miles away. 

New Year’s Day at 11AM wouldn’t have worked for me when I was at UT, if I was on campus. But the kids aren’t on campus right now. 

My last basketball post got deleted. Why?  I have no idea but will post something else. 

Thought this was interesting (and true) from Chris Anderson on WV Huggins...

Chris Anderson goes on to say:  Not sure if Huggins is extra feisty or if I'm reading too much into this. Calls Taz Sherman "the best player in this league." Says Texas has "the best players from a lot of different leagues."

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

My last basketball post got deleted. Why?  I have no idea but will post something else. 

Thought this was interesting (and true) from Chris Anderson on WV Huggins...

Chris Anderson goes on to say:  Not sure if Huggins is extra feisty or if I'm reading too much into this. Calls Taz Sherman "the best player in this league." Says Texas has "the best players from a lot of different leagues."

Yep, there's some butt hurt in there for sure.