Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Horn Sports puts Shaka in his place

echeese

Way to go staff.    Seems Shaka wanted to take a shot at TEXAS as his sorry ass headed out the door.  He was bragging about how he ALWAYS played in front of sell out crowds at VCU (capacity 7100) but never at TEXAS . .. . where he averaged over 9,000 fans a game.

Sorry I can't post the tweet but very well played:

Smart continues to give Texas jabs on his way out the door. Maybe he's trying to convince himself that he left on his own terms? Erwin Center attendance jokes aside, we may have to revisit this quote in 6 years if Marquette has a 51-56 conference record like Smart had at Texas.

Smart & Strong were two of the WORST hires TEXAS ever made.    I for one was all in on Strong (shows you what I know) though tepid on Smart as he had all the ear marks of a one hit wonder.

0-6 in the Big Dance at TEXAS.    Care to wager it only takes Beard or whomever 1 year to top that mark?

3 hours ago, echeese said:

0-6 in the Big Dance at TEXAS.    Care to wager it only takes Beard or whomever 1 year to top that mark?

I agree with the sentiment but I dont think "0-6 in the Big Dance" is an accurate statement from my perspective. 

He was 0-3 in the Big Dance over a 6 yr period. Distinction without a difference?  

Wow!  So, Shaka didn't bring up how he failed at UT in his press conference as the new Marquette coach and UT has such a history of filling the stands for basketball.. I don't know about anyone else, but when i been fired I make sure to bring up all my failings at my new job.

I don't know if you can win a Pulitzer Prize for a tweet, but I think Horn Sports may be the first. You put Shaka in his place.

Jab at Texas my ass.