Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

28 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Does anyone know which QB is running the 1st team offense the most?

I have a feeling that one is going to be tightly held until fall practice.  I've heard both have been splitting time evenly.. I guess the only way we will hear something either way is from a players media availability, but that is also a long shot 

I've heard great things about Thorton and Darion Dunn

College Football Players Turning Heads During 2021 Spring Practice

Ray Thornton, Linebacker, Texas

10 OF 13

dccaa8c88769925323cca87d83fa394e_crop_ex
John Raoux/Associated Press

Plenty of the focus in Austin this spring revolves around the offense, because that's new Texas head football coach Steve Sarkisian's specialty. Also, when you're replacing a Longhorns legend like Sam Ehlinger and breaking in a star like Bijan Robinson, that's where most of the buzz will reside.

But the 'Horns need to be a lot better on the other side of the ball than they were during Tom Herman's tenure, and defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski has some exciting new pieces.

One of them is LSU graduate transfer Ray Thornton, who could be a major mover coming off the edge to replace departed pass-rusher Joseph Ossai's production. 

Thornton also had some experience playing middle linebacker for the Bayou Bengals, so he can line up all over the field and should be a major playmaker right away.

"He's one of those leaders that comes in and everyone feels him," Texas running back Roschon Thompson told reporters of Thornton.

The 6'3", 242-pounder will come off the edge for Texas, and he and Notre Dame transfer Ovie Oghoufo will be major parts of the Longhorns' defensive efforts in '21.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939742-college-football-players-turning-heads-during-2021-spring-practice