Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would reconfirm Texas’ systemic racism to fire Shaka Smart.   He is a token that is entrenched and untouchable due to the institutional guilt that UT cannot avoid due to its institutionalized rac

Last year I was told there was too much on his buyout at that time to fire him, given how we aren't a big revenue generator in basketball. I was also told that this year would tell the tale. While he

Posted Images

It would reconfirm Texas’ systemic racism to fire Shaka Smart.  
He is a token that is entrenched and untouchable due to the institutional guilt that UT cannot avoid due to its institutionalized racism against blacks and exploitation of black athletes and coaches.  
No self respecting black athlete would ever subject himself to having “the eyes of Texas upon him all the live long days” and become a part of the minstrel show that is it athletics.  

Last year I was told there was too much on his buyout at that time to fire him, given how we aren't a big revenue generator in basketball. I was also told that this year would tell the tale. While he did win the conference tournament for the first time, that fire was just put out with a loss to Abilene Christian College.

I think he's open season now. If there's a quality HC available, I'd pull the trigger if I were CDC. I might wait a couple more weeks to let things die down.

33 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Last year I was told there was too much on his buyout at that time to fire him, given how we aren't a big revenue generator in basketball. I was also told that this year would tell the tale. While he did win the conference tournament for the first time, that fire was just put out with a loss to Abilene Christian College.

I think he's open season now. If there's a quality HC available, I'd pull the trigger if I were CDC. I might wait a couple more weeks to let things die down.

agree... most people were saying that with this roster, Shaka needed to be top 8 at a minimum and maybe top 4 or he was at risk of losing his job.  Day 1 tourney bust to the shortest team in the tourney is a very, VERY bad look - PR nightmare

"quality HC available" is the key. We had a saying as planners on the general staff in the army: Hope is not a method or a plan.  They need to quit "hoping" they land a G5 future coaching star - it's not working and didnt with Strong either.  If they cant get a P5 coach, get a top assistant from a P5 program that knows what right looks like.  this is what they did with Sark and it looks like a good move

43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It depends on who is out there. Who would be an improvement? I can’t think of any established coaches tgst would be realistic. Do you roll the dice on another “up and comer”?

28 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont think he's in the discussion but Kevin Sampson would be MUCH better than Shaka and has Houston playing well.  Like Sark's past, Sampson's contract would have to be loaded with "outs'

Sampson has some baggage but has been good everywhere he’s been. With the right contract, I could be in on that.

2 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

It depends on who is out there. Who would be an improvement? I can’t think of any established coaches tgst would be realistic. Do you roll the dice on another “up and comer”?

I'd take a very hard look at Texas Tech's Chris Beard. He just wins wherever he goes. No baggage. Great coach.

LS7YAM3H6JFZJFJNNKZ2I6ZMVM.thumb.jpg.172e6bed45044a3cae17605d8538af12.jpg

58 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'd take a very hard look at Texas Tech's Chris Beard. He just wins wherever he goes. No baggage. Great coach.

LS7YAM3H6JFZJFJNNKZ2I6ZMVM.thumb.jpg.172e6bed45044a3cae17605d8538af12.jpg

He would be a favorite for me too but I don’t see him leaving Tech. He has a good situation right now.