Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas vs. Abilene Christian University

2 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Game plan cost Texas the game, period. You have a stable of bigs that are more athletic and more talented than ACU, yet you go with a game plan that revolves around perimeter guard play. You let Brown play 1 minute the entire game. You don’t push the ball to the low post and dominate at the rim. These are basic fundamentals. And I’m a baseball guy. 

exactly. Shaka is still a G5 coach playing a G5 game.  If they pound the ball in the lane, there is no way a school like ACU should be able to keep up for two halves.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in college FOOTBALL the team with more talent usually wins...in college BASKETBALL the team with better coaching can beat the team with better talent, thats really what makes March Madness  

Game plan cost Texas the game, period. You have a stable of bigs that are more athletic and more talented than ACU, yet you go with a game plan that revolves around perimeter guard play. You let Brown

I have to disagree.  You don’t win football games losing the turnover battle, neither in basketball.  Texas is the best damn turnover team I’ve ever seen.  Officiating didn’t cost this game.  Turnover

Posted Images

9 hours ago, java said:

It shouldn’t have been that close, but these officials were BS. They decided the game.

I have to disagree.  You don’t win football games losing the turnover battle, neither in basketball.  Texas is the best damn turnover team I’ve ever seen.  Officiating didn’t cost this game.  Turnovers, a poor offensive strategy and poor coaching did.  This team flat out sucks 

8 hours ago, joeywa said:

Game plan cost Texas the game, period. You have a stable of bigs that are more athletic and more talented than ACU, yet you go with a game plan that revolves around perimeter guard play. You let Brown play 1 minute the entire game. You don’t push the ball to the low post and dominate at the rim. These are basic fundamentals. And I’m a baseball guy. 

Add in 23 turnovers......

Shaka’s teams never look like they’re running an offense. They look like they’re just creating for themselves every play — so much dribbling. That’s why they averaged 14 turnovers a game and they always will with Shaka at the lead.

If he can’t field a disciplined team with this experienced of a roster, he just can’t do it — needs to go.

in college FOOTBALL the team with more talent usually wins...in college BASKETBALL the team with better coaching can beat the team with better talent, thats really what makes March Madness

Thats what we saw last night, there probably isn't a kid on ACU who could break into the lineup at UT, but the Horns were outcoached by a team that showed more heart and guts, and the go to guys on the Horns failed to show when the team needed them the most. Lets face facts Shaka Smart has been coaching on his past reputation, he has gotten away with collecting a check from UT because TBH basketball is not a priority at the Forty Acres...its time for that attitude to stop