Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorns earn 3 seed in NCAA Tournament, will face 14 seed Abilene Christian University

18 minutes ago, Oldmanastro said:

I like our bracket. If we play up to our potential we can beat either Michigan or Alabama.

Honestly, I'm just hoping for a sweet 16 at least.  Anything beyond that is gravy for me.  Just win 2 games.  Obviously I want them to get into the elite 8 or final 4, but I will be content with a sweet 16.

1 minute ago, primal defense said:

We will be playing our first two games against lower ranked teams. Then we play the second ranked team in Alabama unless they are upset. Anything less than the sweet sixteen would be a disappointment for me.

We had the same exact thought!

• Aaron Carrara changed the title to Longhorns earn 3 seed in NCAA Tournament, will face 14 seed Abilene Christian University
15 minutes ago, lshorn79 said:

The main thing I know about Abilene Christian is that Colt's and Jordan's Dads were roommates there.  I must've heard Brent Mooseburger say that at least 250 times.  🤔

They're one of the leading teams in the land in causing turnovers. They gave Tech fits earlier this season.

Gentlemen, in cards you play the hand you are dealt. The hand we’ve been dealt on Saturday is Abilene Christian, I think. So, I think we better play them hard. I suspect they are underrated.

BYU is always a mystery. They are easy to underestimate because they play in another part of the country. 

Do not forget that unless things have changed, their freshman are usually 20 years old, their sophomores 21 years old, etc. 

That means our guys have to be quicker and faster with the ball, and I think this team is smart and cohesive. 

I give us the edge against BYU, but we aren’t playing BYU Saturday, so I’m concerned about Abilene Christian. 

Go, Horns!

March Madness bracket 2021: The NCAA Tournament winner will be one of these 20 teams

9. Texas | No. 3 seed in East Region

Odds: 25-March Madness bracket 2021: The NCAA Tournament winner will be one of these 20 teams1

Behind the most balanced and complete roster of the Shaka Smart era, Texas won 19 games and capped its pre-NCAA Tournament season with a Big 12 tournament title. This team has the inside-out balance needed to make this Smart's most capable postseason team at Texas, too. Big men Kai Jones and Greg Brown are on the first round draft radar, and the backcourt trio of Courtney Ramey, Matt Coleman and Andrew Jones can trade blows with anyone. Oh, and Jericho Sims? He's coming off a 21 point, 14 rebound outing in the Big 12 title game. Balance: Texas has it in spades.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-bracket-2021-the-ncaa-tournament-winner-will-be-one-of-these-20-teams/

NCAA Tournament Cinderellas to consider when filling out your bracket

East Regional

No. 14 seed Abilene Christian (23-4)

First up: No. 3 Texas. Then possibly: No. 6 BYU

Abilene Christian wasn't even eligible for the NCAA Tournament the last time Texas won a game in the Big Dance, and since completing their transition to Division I in the 2017-18 season, the Wildcats actually have a more recent NCAA Tournament appearance than the Longhorns

History aside, though, Abilene Christian is a tough opponent to scout. The Wildcats have a 7-footer in Kolton Kohl who leads the team in scoring. But he plays just 18.9 minutes a game, and when he is out, the floor is usually filled with 3-point shooters. This team lost just 51-44 at Texas Tech in December and might have won that game if not for 20 turnovers and 31 fouls that helped give the Red Raiders 37 free-throw attempts. That game proved Abilene Christian can muck it up with an athletically superior squad.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-bracket-2021-the-ncaa-tournament-winner-will-be-one-of-these-20-teams/