Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Administrators

USATSI_15485957_168380999_lowres.jpg

The Texas Longhorns are back in action tonight in Norman, Oklahoma, less than 48 hours after defeating Iowa State in Ames on Tuesday night.  The matchup at Lloyd Noble Center will showcase two Top-25 teams that are jockeying for position in the upcoming NCAA Tournament. 

The Sooners got the best of the Longhorns 80-79 in their first matchup of the regular season, but Shaka Smart's team has performed well on the road and look to win their second straight game. 

Oklahoma has five wins over Top-15 teams this season and look to add another to their tournament resume with a win over the Longhorns.

The Longhorns have found themselves fighting for wins in close games, and fans should expect another close one tonight.  Four of the last five games between Texas and Oklahoma have been decided by three or fewer points, including the last two meetings which were each decided by one point.

What:  #15 Texas Longhorns (15-7, 9-6) vs. #16 Oklahoma Sooners (14-8, 9-7)
When:  Thursday, March 4, 2021
Time:  8:00 PM 
Venue:  Lloyd Noble Center
Television:  ESPN2

Last meeting between these two teams:  Oklahoma defeated Texas 80-79 (January 26, 2021 - Austin, TX)
All-time series record:  Oklahoma leads Texas 57-41

I dug the way Brown walked up there and sealed the game by hitting 2 free throws.  I cleaned my glasses several times as I’m not accustomed to seeing this with UT basketball. The dunk (that didn’t count) just prior to it was rather impressive as well.

I wish this young man would come back for 1 more year.   It would behoove him and certainly the team as well.  But the money is there for him so I can’t really blame him if he does not.  

Man it’s a roller coaster ride with Shaka’s teams. He’ll have a bad loss and turn right around and have a great win. I’ve said before we can beat anyone on a given night but also can lose to anyone on a given night. Hope we can get hot and man a decent showing in the tournament. 🤘🤘

6 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Man it’s a roller coaster ride with Shaka’s teams. He’ll have a bad loss and turn right around and have a great win. I’ve said before we can beat anyone on a given night but also can lose to anyone on a given night. Hope we can get hot and man a decent showing in the tournament. 🤘🤘

What you just described doesn’t lend itself to a long run in a single elimination tournament.