Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

****Texas vs BYU Series Official Game Thread****


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check under the bridge around sundown.

Bats, bats, we need bats!

  • Moderator
3 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Sky isn't falling, concerned is a better term. Texas has slightly more than a 1/3 of their hits this year in this game (game #5) alone.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that have had better games with better statistics that account for a significant percentage of production/stats when you're talking about a 5-game sample size.

Texas looked really bad last weekend, no doubt.  Showing a bit of patience and understanding the circumstances and competition faced is an important piece of the puzzle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
11 hours ago, TB14 said:

Good win. Is BYU back to their Friday night starter now like we will be with Madden?

I don't know that they have determined a true FR starter at this point, but I would expect to see Cy Nielsen, who started against Tx St on Saturday. 

As for tomorrow's series finale, I believe you'll see a little bit of several pitchers for BYU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TB14 said:

Good win. Is BYU back to their Friday night starter now like we will be with Madden?

I dont know if they have a rotation set in stone yet. 

That being said, do you mean day 1 starter or day 2 starter?  mormons dont play on Sunday so their day 1 starter usually pitches on Thursday. Friday is normally their day 2 starter when they establish a set rotation

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont know if they have a rotation set in stone yet. 

That being said, do you mean day 1 starter or day 2 starter?  mormons dont play on Sunday so their day 1 starter usually pitches on Thursday. Friday is normally their day 2 starter when they establish a set rotation

Yes that is what I meant! Thanks for clarifying. This mid week schedule had me confused. Wanted to see what games we would see their best pitchers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Anything interesting with the lineup today?  I noticed...

Williams still #4 (series 3 for 4 w/ 3 BB)

Zubia moved up a spot to 5th coming off a 3 for 4 game

Melendez back in starting lineup at 6 spot after being 4th in Wednesday's game (1-3) & not starting yeserday. 

Ardoin drops a couple of spots to 7th coming off a 1 for 7 in series

Kennedy drops from 2 all the way down to the 8 spot (2 for 9 in series)

Stehly is starting at 2B instead of campbell in 9th spot (batting 1 for 1 yesterday & BB Wednesday). Is Campbell out due to error (1 on Wednesday) or batting (1-5) or both?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
3 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Anything interesting with the lineup today?  I noticed...

Williams still #4 (series 3 for 4 w/ 3 BB)

Zubia moved up a spot to 5th coming off a 3 for 4 game

Melendez back in starting lineup at 6 spot after being 4th in Wednesday's game (1-3) & not starting yeserday. 

Ardoin drops a couple of spots to 7th coming off a 1 for 7 in series

Kennedy drops from 2 all the way down to the 8 spot (2 for 9 in series)

Stehly is starting at 2B instead of campbell in 9th spot (batting 1 for 1 yesterday & BB Wednesday). Is Campbell out due to error (1 on Wednesday) or batting (1-5) or both?

 

I don’t know that I would put a lot of stock into who is batting in what spot 6 games into the season. Pierce, as most coaches, is trying different things to see how guys perform in various situations and in conjunction with one another. 
With fewer non-Conf matchups early on, I don’t anticipate a somewhat predictable lineup, more especially batting order, before the 3rd or possibly 4th week of conference play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • joeywa unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...