• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check under the bridge around sundown.

Bats, bats, we need bats!

3 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Sky isn't falling, concerned is a better term. Texas has slightly more than a 1/3 of their hits this year in this game (game #5) alone.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that have had better games with better statistics that account for a significant percentage of production/stats when you're talking about a 5-game sample size.

Texas looked really bad last weekend, no doubt.  Showing a bit of patience and understanding the circumstances and competition faced is an important piece of the puzzle. 

11 hours ago, TB14 said:

Good win. Is BYU back to their Friday night starter now like we will be with Madden?

I don't know that they have determined a true FR starter at this point, but I would expect to see Cy Nielsen, who started against Tx St on Saturday. 

As for tomorrow's series finale, I believe you'll see a little bit of several pitchers for BYU.

12 hours ago, TB14 said:

Good win. Is BYU back to their Friday night starter now like we will be with Madden?

I dont know if they have a rotation set in stone yet. 

That being said, do you mean day 1 starter or day 2 starter?  mormons dont play on Sunday so their day 1 starter usually pitches on Thursday. Friday is normally their day 2 starter when they establish a set rotation

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont know if they have a rotation set in stone yet. 

That being said, do you mean day 1 starter or day 2 starter?  mormons dont play on Sunday so their day 1 starter usually pitches on Thursday. Friday is normally their day 2 starter when they establish a set rotation

Yes that is what I meant! Thanks for clarifying. This mid week schedule had me confused. Wanted to see what games we would see their best pitchers.

55 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Anything interesting with the lineup today?  I noticed...

Williams still #4 (series 3 for 4 w/ 3 BB)

Zubia moved up a spot to 5th coming off a 3 for 4 game

Melendez back in starting lineup at 6 spot after being 4th in Wednesday's game (1-3) & not starting yeserday. 

Ardoin drops a couple of spots to 7th coming off a 1 for 7 in series

Kennedy drops from 2 all the way down to the 8 spot (2 for 9 in series)

Stehly is starting at 2B instead of campbell in 9th spot (batting 1 for 1 yesterday & BB Wednesday). Is Campbell out due to error (1 on Wednesday) or batting (1-5) or both?

3 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Anything interesting with the lineup today?  I noticed...

Williams still #4 (series 3 for 4 w/ 3 BB)

Zubia moved up a spot to 5th coming off a 3 for 4 game

Melendez back in starting lineup at 6 spot after being 4th in Wednesday's game (1-3) & not starting yeserday. 

Ardoin drops a couple of spots to 7th coming off a 1 for 7 in series

Kennedy drops from 2 all the way down to the 8 spot (2 for 9 in series)

Stehly is starting at 2B instead of campbell in 9th spot (batting 1 for 1 yesterday & BB Wednesday). Is Campbell out due to error (1 on Wednesday) or batting (1-5) or both?

I don’t know that I would put a lot of stock into who is batting in what spot 6 games into the season. Pierce, as most coaches, is trying different things to see how guys perform in various situations and in conjunction with one another. 
With fewer non-Conf matchups early on, I don’t anticipate a somewhat predictable lineup, more especially batting order, before the 3rd or possibly 4th week of conference play. 

• joeywa unpinned this topic