Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Game Thread: #12 Texas Longhorns vs. #13 West Virginia Mountaineers*****

• Administrators

USATSI_15413997_168380999_lowres.jpg

The Texas Longhorns have won two straight but had their February 18th game against Oklahoma postponed due to the weather situation in the state.  As they head down the stretch in the regular season, they need wins in the remaining conference games to solidify a favorable spot in the NCAA Tournament seeding.

Saturday's matchup against a ranked West Virginia team at the Erwin Center will provide Shaka Smart with an opportunity to increase his home-record against the Mountaineers to 5-1 with a win.

What:  #12 Texas Longhorns (13-5, 7-4) vs. #13 West Virginia Mountaineers (14-6, 7-4)
When:  Saturday, February 20, 2021
Time:  2:00 PM
Venue:  Frank Erwin Center
Television:  ABC

Last meeting between these two teams: Texas defeated West Virginia 72-70 (January 9, 2021 - Morgantown, WV)
All-time series record:  Texas leads West Virginia 13-9

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, @Bear19 and other BMDs need to get in our AD's ear.

My Longhorn basketball awareness really started with Abe Lemmons.  After Abe:  Bob Wetlick, Tom Penders, Rick Barnes, Shaka Smart.

Barnes is easily the best Texas coach during this time, followed by Penders.  So far Shaka’s performance is Abe-like but Shaka has that dead last finish on his ledger.  

7 hours ago, 83Dee said:

My Longhorn basketball awareness really started with Abe Lemmons.  After Abe:  Bob Wetlick, Tom Penders, Rick Barnes, Shaka Smart.

Barnes is easily the best Texas coach during this time, followed by Penders.  So far Shaka’s performance is Abe-like but Shaka has that dead last finish on his ledger.  

I started at UT at the end of the Wetlick era. It was horrible. Lenders came in and basketball became fun. Barnes is under appreciated IMHO. 
I like Shaka as a man but he is not getting it done. I was hoping this year would be different but trending toward the same old story.