Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

#AllGasNoBrakes: Maalik Murphy Commits

• Aaron Carrara changed the title to #AllGasNoBrakes: Maalik Murphy Commits

Bill Bradley....The most hyped recruit of all time. 1965 I think. Quarterback....In those days freshmen could not play varsity Ball. Anyway, Billwas so endearde of the National media that he made the cover of Sports Illustrated( back when that meant as much as being on a Wheaties Box) before he ever played a down of Varsity ball.....and he was good!....But Texas went 6-4....6-4..and was 0-1-1 when he was switched to safety and replaced at QB by James Street( Texas did not lose a game thereafter for 2 1/2 years.....reeled off 30 in a row)

good at the wishbone?....He started 2 games as a wishbone QB and he did not win either one and was replaced by Street. What he was good at was safety...He was an AA there and went on to be an all Pro Safety for the Eagles for many.many years. He also was the 2nd best punter I ever saw. Every punt came off his foot in a perfect spiral...

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

good at the wishbone?....He started 2 games as a wishbone QB and he did not win either one and was replaced by Street. What he was good at was safety...He was an AA there and went on to be an all Pro Safety for the Eagles for many.many years. He also was the 2nd best punter I ever saw. Every punt came off his foot in a perfect spiral...

Thanks for the refreshment. I guess it was the wishbone I remember as good, not Bradley. My wife, what's-her-name, tells me my memory's slipping.