Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD: #13 Texas Longhorns vs. Kansas State Wildcats*****

• Administrators

The #13 Texas Longhorns (11-5, 5-4 Big 12) are on the road again tonight in Manhattan as they take on the Kansas State Wildcats (5-15, 1-10 Big 12).

The Longhorns have lost four of their last five games and are 2-1 in true road games this season.

The Wildcats hold a 22-19 advantage over the Longhorns in the all-time series. Texas defeated Kansas State 82-67 in the last meeting between the two teams (Jan. 16, 2021 - Austin, TX).

Tipoff will take place at 7 p.m. CST at Bramlage Coliseum and will be televised on ESPN+.

20 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Man, Covid really broke up the rhythm of this team. Glad we got a road win even though it was close. 

just keep winning through this easier stretch to get some momentum by March. 

Agree, we're really out of rhythm. Get our groove back and maybe we're beating errrrybody again.

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

I don't think he played at all. I know Hepa played after not seeing the court the last several games.

He didn't play last night per the box score. Here are his stats for the past couple of games:

okie lite - 6mins, 3pts (1-2 FG 1-1 FT), 2 rebs, 3 PFs

Baylor - 7mins, 0pts (no attempts), 1 reb, 2 PFs

Maybe his fouls are bad decisions and Shaka is making him think about them?

I wasn't able to watch the game due to it not being shown by my cable provider so did Brock play much last night? ESPN isn't showing mins played right now and his stats aren't huge which would be surprising due to the fact he played very well against okie lite.

6 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

He didn't play last night per the box score. Here are his stats for the past couple of games:

okie lite - 6mins, 3pts (1-2 FG 1-1 FT), 2 rebs, 3 PFs

Baylor - 7mins, 0pts (no attempts), 1 reb, 2 PFs

Maybe his fouls are bad decisions and Shaka is making him think about them?

I wasn't able to watch the game due to it not being shown by my cable provider so did Brock play much last night? ESPN isn't showing mins played right now and his stats aren't huge which would be surprising due to the fact he played very well against okie lite.

In my opinion, Hamm hasn’t played that well this season. He’s a defensive liability and doesn’t give you anything on offense. Cunningham seems to have taken the role of the energy guy who does the dirty work and makes hustle plays.

Hepa is a defensive liability too but can at least make 3’s.

Still HATE Shaka’s half court offense of 5 out one on one ball. 

11 minutes ago, java said:

I got my 2nd COVID vaccine on Thursday. After Injection, went back to classroom. Thought I would give y’all a little tip if you are getting vaccinated.

For most, the first dose is easy, no problem. My arm didn’t even get sore. 

For the second, results vary.  I’m not as good at staying hydrated since I must wear a mask all day, but I think that is key to minimizing symptoms following 2nd dose.

I began to feel a little a little shaky, have muscle aches, etc., late Thursday, so I drank bottles of water-several.  Woke up Friday with no temp.  We had PD from home, and I kept drinking water. Whenever I let up, I would get the muscle aches and drink more.

When I had Breast Cancer, they stressed 8 glasses of water a day  I think that may be the secret for feeling good the day after the 2nd CV vaccine, as well  

Good luck all  Its not bad!

Glad to hear all went well. You may want to put this in the COVID thread which I'm assuming you meant to in the first place.