Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Baseball to Open Season at State Farm College Showdown at Globe Life Field

• Administrators

CollegeBaseball_Showdown_21.jpg

Head Coach David Pierce and the Texas Longhorns will open up the 2021 baseball season by participating in a 3-day event at Arlington's Globe Life Field on February 19-21.  Along with Texas, there will be five other Division-I teams participating in the Showdown.  Texas Tech and TCU will round out the Big 12 schools, while Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Arkansas will represent the Southeastern Conference.  Each of the six participating teams are ranked in the Top-10 of D-1Baseball's Preseason Poll (Texas Tech - 3, Ole Miss - 6, Mississippi State - 7; Arkansas - 8; Texas - 9; TCU - 10).

Globe Life Field opened last March and saw no fans in the stands for the Texas Rangers' regular season.  It did host MLB postseason games, including the World Series, and saw a limited number of fans in attendance.

Single game tickets go on sale today, January 21st at 1:00 PM and can be purchased at the following link:  https://www.mlb.com/rangers/tickets/events/college-baseball-showdown

The schedule of games can be found below.

2021 STATE FARM COLLEGE BASEBALL SHOWDOWN SCHEDULE
(Home Team Listed Second)

Friday, February 19
11:00 a.m.—Mississippi State vs. Texas
  3:00 p.m.—Mississippi vs. TCU
  7:00 p.m.—Arkansas vs. Texas Tech

Saturday, February 20
11:00 a.m.—TCU vs. Mississippi State
  3:00 p.m.—Texas Tech vs. Mississippi
  7:00 p.m.—Texas vs. Arkansas

Sunday, February 21
11:00 a.m.—Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech
  3:00 p.m.—Mississippi vs. Texas
  7:00 p.m.—Arkansas vs. TCU

USATSI_10898765_168380999_lowres.jpg

15 hours ago, TB14 said:

Can't wait to see Ty Madden deal. Gosh I miss baseball.

He's family (kinda) lol!  Ty is my 2 older daughter's cousin (from my 1st marriage).  My oldest is in Austin today and will be in Houston tomorrow.  Not sure if she'll see Ty tho. Kid is a beast!  Hopefully we'll get to see him during this Showdown. 

• Administrators

Texas released its Big 12 Conference Schedule today:

2021 Big 12 Schedule

March 19-21               at Baylor
March 26-28               vs. OU
April 1-3:                     at Kansas
April 9-11:                   vs. K-State
April 23-25:                 at Oklahoma State
April 30-May 1:           vs. Texas Tech
May 7-9:                      at TCU
May 20-22:                 vs. WVU

Big 12 Championship is scheduled for May 26-30 at Bricktown Park in Oklahoma City.

5 hours ago, DBut82 said:

He's family (kinda) lol!  Ty is my 2 older daughter's cousin (from my 1st marriage).  My oldest is in Austin today and will be in Houston tomorrow.  Not sure if she'll see Ty tho. Kid is a beast!  Hopefully we'll get to see him during this Showdown. 

Nice. He should be a millionaire in about 6-7 months. Better stay in touch! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the weather issues in Texas, this series has been pushed to SA/SU/MO

Same game times, just pushed back a day

Saturday, February 20

11:00 a.m.—Mississippi State vs. Texas

3:00 p.m.—Mississippi vs. TCU

7:00 p.m.—Arkansas vs. Texas Tech

Sunday, February 21

11:00 a.m.—TCU vs. Mississippi State

3:00 p.m.—Texas Tech vs. Mississippi

7:00 p.m.—Texas vs. Arkansas

Monday, February 22

11:00 a.m.—Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech

2:30 p.m.—Mississippi vs. Texas

6:00 p.m.—Arkansas vs. TCU

5 hours ago, TB14 said:

Is this tourney on TV anywhere?

Its suppose to be shown on FloSports.  On my ROKU right now, it is showing a delayed broadcast the Sanderson Ford College Classic from earlier today where KSU is leading Or-gone st 3-0 in the 5th.  KSU ends up winning the game 3-2

The FloSports link to the Texas game tomorrow at 11am has a "pro" tab on the link, which means you would have to buy the streaming service to watch the game live. I think it's like $15 for a weekend, or $30 for a month, or $150 for a year, or something like that. That's not worth it for me so I might find a free stream or actually get something done tomorrow morning

18 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Its suppose to be shown on FloSports.  On my ROKU right now, it is showing a delayed broadcast the Sanderson Ford College Classic earlier today where KSU is leading Or-gone st 3-0 in the 5th.  KSU ends up winning the game 3-2

The FloSports link to the Texas game tomorrow at 11am has a "pro" tab on the link, which means you would have to buy the streaming service to watch the game live. I think it's like $15 for a weekend, or $30 for a month, or $150 for a year, or something like that. That's not worth it for me so I might find a free stream or actually get something done tomorrow morning

Definitely too much for me. I have a Roku so if that ends up working or you find something for free then let me know! Thanks!

There won’t be much access, if any, to free streams, at least not ones that won’t hose up your computer. 

It’s $30 for one month. This gets you every game that FloBaseball has during this time, including the three UT games in this event.  

If you don’t feel it’s worth it, we will have a thread up here with banter, I’ll be on Twitter and you can listen to the radio broadcast for free on TexasSports.