Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

21 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

12mil? That number sounds awful familiar. Apparently Urban Meyer used Texas' interest to establish a baseline salary for an NFL gig...

https://nfltraderumors.co/urban-meyer-reportedly-looking-for-12m-per-year/

Well, if Matt Rhule is worth $9 mil a year, surely Urban is worth way more than that. Three national championships at two different schools.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, if Matt Rhule is worth $9 mil a year, surely Urban is worth way more than that. Three national championships at two different schools.

I'm not saying that he isn't worth $12 mil.  But would that number even be that had the flirtation with Texas not happened?  He's definitely worth more than Rhule imo...

1 hour ago, DBut82 said:

I'm not saying that he isn't worth $12 mil.  But would that number even be that had the flirtation with Texas not happened?  He's definitely worth more than Rhule imo...

If true, $12 MM annually for Meyer is ridiculous and irresponsible when Saban and Dabo are making $9.3 MM. Yeah, I understand "if that's what it takes to get him". Doesn't change my point.

My guess is Sark will get $6-7 MM per + incentives. Maybe even less than that if he reallocates monies for hiring a great staff. We really need whoever recruited OL for Bama. I've read that's Flood and Banks.

*** Missed this in the other thread

$34.2 million contract as the new head coach at #Texas with a starting salary of $5.2 million

Edited by J.B. TexasEx
oversight
4 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Meyer will go to the NFL and if does not do well or like it he will return to college football and win big again. Hopefully Sark is the answer if not we will be doing the search again in 4 years. 

Any team willing to pay UM $12 MM/year as a first-time NFL coach is taking a huge risk.

Glad it's not my money. Can't blame UM for trying to cash in on his celebrity HC, guru status. Plus, the NFL is out of fresh ideas. The offensive innovation is happening in the NCAA (and high school). That's why Kingsbury got a gig.

27 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I'll give you Jimmy Johnson, but Pete Carroll was an NFL coach before he was the HC at USC. Not saying it can't work. Just saying it's risky and $12MM is too much for a 1st timer.

It's definitely risky. But Carroll did win a Superbowl his 2nd stint..