Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas


Recommended Posts

I dont get it. If our team didnt suck we wouldnt have made a change. I have seen ....i hope he keeps             with damn near every coach but Herman mentioned.

I dont care if he keeps some or none of them. I just want him to hire guys that will do the best job period!

 

As far as a player only meeting being a potential problem....screw that! If they all quit, then he will not have any issues with any of them. Those that want to play for UT stay and those that dont....GTFO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods mentioned that Sark has a major connection to Cali powerhouse Mater Dei and he's basically the reason five-star QB Bryce Young flipped to Alabama from USC and decided to leave home.

Sark's son, Brady, was a teammate of Young at the time.

TFB has been insisting that Young is a name to watch if Texas hired Sark, especially with the one-time transfer rule expected to be approved by the NCAA.

If Bryce Young came over to UT then that would change the perception of the Sark hire. No only with UT fans, but it would be a big deal in college football. It would be the first time we would have the number one QB in the country since Vince. Unless you count the couple of months of the Ewers commitment.

 

.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish anyone that comes to coach at Texas all the best.  There a but a few men that could come in to this university and build a championship football program.  Is Sark one of those men?  No one truly knows.  He has the football acumen but will that translate into running an elite program?  Who knows.  Like Herman he thinks that he can do it so who are we to argue?  Fans that are tired of mediocrity.   

I'm a bit more interested in what it is that CDC and the president sees in Sark to make them so adamant that he is the guy to lead this program.  When it became evident that Meyer wasn't interested it seems that they pinpointed Sark for the job as I believe discussions with have been going on for a few weeks.  

One thing that I suspect is being that Alabama indicated he would be taking over for Nick Saban when he retires made them feel that he was imminently qualified to lead an elite program.  If Alabama would have said he will never be the head coach here I wonder if we would have hired him.  Evidentially the Alabama brain trust pulls a lot of weight in our decisions. 

However it happened I sure hope that we can get back to a place of prominence in the college football world.  Being irrelevant sucks big time.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, primal defense said:

If Bryce Young came over to UT then that would change the perception of the Sark hire. No only with UT fans, but it would be a big deal in college football. It would be the first time we would have the number one QB in the country since Vince. Unless you count the couple of months of the Ewers commitment.

 

.

 

I understand Arch Manning, the #1 rated QB in 2023 out of New Orleans, is close with Sark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Would definitely not fit the description of an "all-star hire" 😏

Here are two points made by editor from another service:

“Great staff” doesn’t mean a collection of well known coaches who score high on name recognition polls. It means a staff that fits together in complementary fashion with a great mix of recruiting ability and coaching acumen.

Reminder: The fan’s lust for a Super Team of All Star coaches rarely goes satiated. There really isn’t such thing as an all star coaching cast. If Sark nails the DC and OL positions and complements them with a couple of volume recruiters, the staff will be very good. Texas will recruit well out of the gates, and then they’ll win a lot of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

Here are two points made by editor from another service:

“Great staff” doesn’t mean a collection of well known coaches who score high on name recognition polls. It means a staff that fits together in complementary fashion with a great mix of recruiting ability and coaching acumen.

Reminder: The fan’s lust for a Super Team of All Star coaches rarely goes satiated. There really isn’t such thing as an all star coaching cast. If Sark nails the DC and OL positions and complements them with a couple of volume recruiters, the staff will be very good. Texas will recruit well out of the gates, and then they’ll win a lot of games.

I’m not sold on Sam Carter although he did have a walk on white CB catch three picks this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

Here are two points made by editor from another service:

“Great staff” doesn’t mean a collection of well known coaches who score high on name recognition polls. It means a staff that fits together in complementary fashion with a great mix of recruiting ability and coaching acumen.

Reminder: The fan’s lust for a Super Team of All Star coaches rarely goes satiated. There really isn’t such thing as an all star coaching cast. If Sark nails the DC and OL positions and complements them with a couple of volume recruiters, the staff will be very good. Texas will recruit well out of the gates, and then they’ll win a lot of games.

Totally agree. That's why I used the "smirk emoji".

At best, probably only 1-2 of your assistant coaches will fall into that category. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zion3d said:

I wish anyone that comes to coach at Texas all the best.  There a but a few men that could come in to this university and build a championship football program.  Is Sark one of those men?  No one truly knows.  He has the football acumen but will that translate into running an elite program?  Who knows.  Like Herman he thinks that he can do it so who are we to argue?  Fans that are tired of mediocrity.   

I'm a bit more interested in what it is that CDC and the president sees in Sark to make them so adamant that he is the guy to lead this program.  When it became evident that Meyer wasn't interested it seems that they pinpointed Sark for the job as I believe discussions with have been going on for a few weeks.  

One thing that I suspect is being that Alabama indicated he would be taking over for Nick Saban when he retires made them feel that he was imminently qualified to lead an elite program.  If Alabama would have said he will never be the head coach here I wonder if we would have hired him.  Evidentially the Alabama brain trust pulls a lot of weight in our decisions. 

However it happened I sure hope that we can get back to a place of prominence in the college football world.  Being irrelevant sucks big time.   

Because big time programs have never lied to a “coach in waiting” before???  Ask Muschamp about that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...