Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

4 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Staff hires are critical.  Probably a good indication of what we have in store for us.

If there are curious / head scratching announcements... brace yourselves. 

You are so right...IMO the two most important this year is a great QB coach who knows Sark's offense, and a very good DC who can teach our DB's to play man coverage on an island and lockdown opposing WR's which will free up bringing the house to create TO's...I know Im asking for the earth but might as well now

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

You are so right...IMO the two most important this year is a great QB coach who knows Sark's offense, and a very good DC who can teach our DB's to play man coverage on an island and lockdown opposing WR's which will free up bringing the house to create TO's...I know Im asking for the earth but might as well now

OL and its coach IMO #1.

Just now, J.B. TexasEx said:

I don't think we're gonna hear much this week about staff hires with Sark preparing for the tile game.

Yeah man I was thinking about that yesterday what a crazy week for him. But multiple outlets say to expect movement this week. Sark is obsessed with recruiting and he wants guys in place to try to flip some targets just a month before signing day

• Administrators
13 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

To add some other things they mentioned:

- for those who don't know, Martin was one of Sark's top assistants and recruiters at USC
- Martin's current deal at Tennessee expires on 1/31
- Auburn could be tough competition if Sark pursues Martin, but their relationship is viewed as a big advantage for Texas
- Martin's son is a big time baseball player going into his senior season of high school, so that could potentially complicate things a little
- Texas' baseball program has already spoken with Martin's son, but I don't know if that was before or after the Sark hire

OrangeBloods is hearing Martin is not at the top of Sark's list right now.

10 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

What do y’all think about Kevin Steele? Been under a bunch of great coaches. Always has a good defense.

I like going after guys that want or look to be future head coaches but Steele probably wants to be a head coach right now at this stage of his career... but admittedly, I dont know.

49 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

What do y’all think about Kevin Steele? Been under a bunch of great coaches. Always has a good defense.

He is a sec guy but auburns defense played as good as anyone against that loaded LSU team last year. Ash is still my top choice though followed by Derek Mason

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Staff hires are critical.  Probably a good indication of what we have in store for us.

If there are curious / head scratching announcements... brace yourselves. 

I'll bet we can find a couple of coaches who were considered head-scratchers at the time when hired on every staff. But, that's what makes message boards fun. Civil discourse + humor

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods is hearing Martin is not at the top of Sark's list right now.

Sark is a different guy from his USC days, I'm sure he has a whole different circle of friends, he might have some enablers from his USC days that he wants to stay away from, not saying TM was one , but don't they teach you in recovery to not go back to the same old same old in your life

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic