Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

Any traction on possible replacements?

Also, with all that has come out about Tennessee, I’m not sure how someone in Hughes role couldn’t have been involved in dropping bags. I saw IT said he is likely going to the nfl, that seems like no one else is willing to hire him either because of it. 

2 hours ago, TB14 said:

Also, with all that has come out about Tennessee, I’m not sure how someone in Hughes role couldn’t have been involved in dropping bags. I saw IT said he is likely going to the nfl, that seems like no one else is willing to hire him either because of it. 

Nah, OU will pick him up. They're collecting Tennessee right now.

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont think so.  He wont be director of recruiting at SC; he'll be an analyst.  He should be busy learning a new job  

And he's no longer in our region.  Zero issue from him recruiting similar targets since he's becoming an analyst in order to try and gain an on field coaching position.

50 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

And he's no longer in our region.  Zero issue from him recruiting similar targets since he's becoming an analyst in order to try and gain an on field coaching position.

Well, he's in the middle of Sark's region. I expect Sark to take 1-3 west coast recruits each year. But yeah, BC probably won't be very involved in that.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, he's in the middle of Sark's region. I expect Sark to take 1-3 west coast recruits each year. But yeah, BC probably won't be very involved in that.

Completely agree. Though Helton didn't bring him in to not recruit. You know he will be involved at some level. It just won't be his sole focus anymore which will help.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:43 PM, TB14 said:

Tfloss posted Saturday that IT is saying to keep an eye on Cooper Petagna. Was very successful at Oregon and has previously been at LSU and Alabama. Didn't see any Texas ties, but would think he is quite familiar with recruiting here. 

Just now, UTfish said:

Tfloss posted Saturday that IT is saying to keep an eye on Cooper Petagna. Was very successful at Oregon and has previously been at LSU and Alabama. Didn't see any Texas ties, but would think he is quite familiar with recruiting here. 

I thought petanga was under consideration for director of PP? So we are still looking for recruiting guys

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic