Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Do you think it's also possible thst Sark was set to hire Scoops but then the his named leaked and the outcry from the fans was just too overwhelming? Dead serious.  Texas fans will immediately voice their displeasure to CDC and now Sark at news like that.  Maybe it was the boosters, but something tells me Sark saw the panic in the fans eyes and pulled the offer.  

I really hope that did not happen, because he should not be listening to us.  We have no clue what we're doing, but you can be damn sure you will hear us spout off like we do.  Don't let the insane run the asylum.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, texbound said:

Do you think it's also possible thst Sark was set to hire Scoops but then the his named leaked and the outcry from the fans was just too overwhelming? Dead serious.  Texas fans will immediately voice their displeasure to CDC and now Sark at news like that.  Maybe it was the boosters, but something tells me Sark saw the panic in the fans eyes and pulled the offer.  

I really hope that did not happen, because he should not be listening to us.  We have no clue what we're doing, but you can be damn sure you will hear us spout off like we do.  Don't let the insane run the asylum.

At the very least, it seemed to be a trial balloon that got popped quickly by those who matter.

6 minutes ago, texbound said:

Here is the scoop

9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

At the very least, it seemed to be a trial balloon that got popped quickly by those who matter.

I don’t think it had as much to do with his ties to OU as it did to his antics on the sideline. WOOF!

11 hours ago, texbound said:

I agree. If he wanted Stoops that is his choice as long as Stoops has done nothing illegal. The fan base that wanted Meyer, with his history, is now going to cry outrage over Stoops?

12 hours ago, texbound said:

Herman didnt listen to "us" or anyone and look where it got him.  Sark not burning his BMD bridges early will pay dividends and Stoops is not worth falling on the sword.

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

I agree. If he wanted Stoops that is his choice as long as Stoops has done nothing illegal. The fan base that wanted Meyer, with his history, is now going to cry outrage over Stoops?

If stoops were to coach up our LBs to new heights... he would be “one of us.”

I feel like longhorn football history is repeating itself. In the mid 80s, UT fired Fred Akers after three mediocre seasons and hired David McWilliams who was a real nice guy, but was over his head as the UT coach. Move forward and UT fired Mack Brown after four mediocre seasons and hired Charlie Strong who is also a nice guy who was over his head as UT coach.

McWilliams was fired after five season and UT hired an offensive mined coach in John Mackovic who has an asshole who didn't get along with anyone. Move forward and Charlie Strong was fired after three seasons and UT hired an offensive minded coach in Tom Herman who was also an asshole who didn't get along with anyone.

Mackovic was fired after six seasons and after fourteen years with three coaches UT hired Mack Brown which brought excitement  back to the program. Move forward Herman was fired after four seasons and after eleven years with three coaches Sarkisian is hired and has brought back excitement with the best staff since DKR.

When Choate was hired at Florida.

Make no mistake, Florida will always focus on the in-state recruiting base Muschamp boasted about last summer. But given the inroads and relationships Choate has built in Texas and his ability to relate with recruits from there, he’ll be able to get some of the state’s top targets to give UF a harder look and may even convince a couple to come.

https://www.gatorsports.com/football/recruiting/20130418/choate-could-deliver-some-texas-recruits/

14 hours ago, texbound said:

I disagree. You could have said the same thing about the fans seven years ago when Charlie Strong hired Shawn Watson. It turned out the fans were correct and Watson was gone in two years.

You could also say the same thing four years ago when Herman hired Tim Beck as OC. Three years later Herman had to let Beck go. It seems that sometimes the fans know more than the coach.

UT is not the only fans to complain.

Mack Brown backing out of hiring Greg Robinson as defensive coordinator

16 hours ago, sporty said:

I'm honestly having a hard time believing this. Stoops hadn't coached linebackers since 1991. Why would that offer be made when every other hire Sark has made has extensive experience at their position? Just doesn't line up to me and it's really just one guy (Zenitz) with the story.

Sark has said that coaching is a people business and said a coach wants to have other coaches to trust. He thinks that Stoops is smart about defense and wanted to help him. I don't blame Sark since he doesn't know the history of Stoops and UT.

I don't want Stoops because he's too much of a hot head who his brother had to move to the press box because his yelling was hurting his own players. He was terrible as the Arizona coach who embarrassed the fans with his yelling on the sidelines. Stoops might be a changed man who no longer cokes up, but I don't want to find that out at Texas.

2 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I disagree with you. Urban Meyer not coming to Texas has nothing to do with not wanting Stoops. UT fans not wanting Stoops shows the intelligence of the UT fan base.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic