Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Administrators

TFB had another post on the new LBs coach, and there's nothing really new to report other than they believe the hold-up could be due to an outstanding offer to a high-profile name who's currently weighing his options.

They seem to believe Tosh Lupoi is that guy.

32 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

TFB had another post on the new LBs coach, and there's nothing really new to report other than they believe the hold-up could be due to an outstanding offer to a high-profile name who's currently weighing his options.

They seem to believe Tosh Lupoi is that guy.

I would think he's waiting for the Oregon DC job. It's a better job if he can call plays. Ash is also under consideration.

16 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I would think he's waiting for the Oregon DC job. It's a better job if he can call plays. Ash is also under consideration.

I thought Chris Ash has a job with UM in Jacksonville. 

This is not Tim beck bad. Positives are that he’s been in this conf. It’s only as a position coach. He is a solid recruiter, he’s recruited Texas his whole career, and most importantly he’s been in Saban coaching school for three years. But geez. 

6 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

It’s not bad because it’s stoops, it’s bad because the alternatives were hutzler and Tosh and marve... I will say this is better than bringing in Bob Gregory from Washington though

I personally don't think this is a bad hire for all the reasons you pointed above. 

Regarding Tosh, I think he may have been stringing Texas along in the hopes of obtaining a DC job somewhere.  Don't know about the Marve situation, but maybe he was never an option. All that said, keeping Hutzler would've been my choice over Stoops. Young, intelligent coach that was well liked by the players. Did a great job with Overshown and Mitchell this year. 

Maybe Sark is looking at the big picture and knows Stoops might stick around for a while and Hutzler might be courted in a year or 2 for a DC hire somewhere. Time will tell.  Afain, Dbrook listed all the reasons why I'm good with this hire.

2 minutes ago, texbound said:

I personally don't think this is a bad hire for all the reasons you pointed above. 

Regarding Tosh, I think he may have been stringing Texas along in the hopes of obtaining a DC job somewhere.  Don't know about the Marve situation, but maybe he was never an option. All that said, keeping Hutzler would've been my choice over Stoops. Young, intelligent coach that was well liked by the players. Did a great job with Overshown and Mitchell this year. 

Maybe Sark is looking at the big picture and knows Stoops might stick around for a while and Hutzler might be courted in a year or 2 for a DC hire somewhere. Time will tell.  Afain, Dbrook listed all the reasons why I'm good with this hire.

It’s not the worst hire ever. Not the best either though. Stoops is definitely qualified for the job I just think it’s the sentiment. A stoops is in Austin lol.

8 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

It’s not the worst hire ever. Not the best either though. Stoops is definitely qualified for the job I just think it’s the sentiment. A stoops is in Austin lol.

Well, it's not the first time Texas has had a former OU on their sidelines (Brown, Boulware and Norvell)

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

See the source image

He's not the coordinator...

He's not making the defensive calls...

We don't know what he adds to the defensive coaches room...

We do know he knows what doesn't work against Big 12 defenses...   

He has worked with Sark...

And he's just recruiting and coaching defense...  

8 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

What has job qualification got to do with this? Hitler was a qualified leader, but would have made a terrible prime minister for Israel. 

He does have a nice looking family, though. 

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic