Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. 

Great!....That leaves more for me...

45 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. 

Sounds like you need to go to OKAA meetings. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

Sark’s team record at Washington seems pedestrian, 34-29 (35 counting the  bowl game he didn’t coach) until you look at Washington’s record the five years prior to his arrival, 12-47. 

Took an 0-12 to 5-7 his first year.

I’ll take five more wins next year. 12-3 would be a good start for Sark. 

Lol. If my math is right, that would necessarily include a CC and a NC appearance at worse case. 

I'll take that. 😁

How many special teams coaches are we going to have? ....So we go from special teams not given a thought under Charlie to given some thought under Herman to coached by everybody under Sark......I like that. Attention to detail was given lip service by Herman to given priority by Sark....I am excited

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

Not necessarily an indication of things to come, but some Texas players are now following Johnny Nansen who could potentially fill that open LBs spot.

He looks like a good recruiter.

USC Football: Johnny Nansen named Pac-12 Recruiter of the Year, Tee Martin second

https://reignoftroy.com/2018/02/12/usc-football-johnny-nansen-named-pac-12-recruiter-year/

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

one potential bad thing about Nansen is multiple Washington and SC people say that he was sarks drinking buddy

I’m afraid if that is used as a determination for hiring people it would severely limit our choices.
It’s rare for an alcoholic to practice monogamy in their drinking partner relationships. The only person that will cause Coach Sark to resume that behavior is Steve Sarkisian. 
I trust Sark will handle his illness appropriately. 

17 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

Darrell Royal (some say he was a pretty good coach) once said “it’s not the X’s and the O’s but the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s” if the other team can’t block or tackle your guys you will win. 
I’ve been waiting for a staff that can get the players and teach them. 
We both might be getting what we’ve been waiting on for so long 😁

well...DKR  did have a guy that no one could block...Tommy Nobis...and a guy that no one could tackle...Earl Campbell

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

TFB posted a name they're hearing for the open LBs spot is Chris Marve of Florida State, but they don't know just how serious the interest is from Sark.

A source told them he's super sharp, a relentless recruiter and well-liked.

https://seminoles.com/staff/chris-marve/

you want guys like this on staff. He is only 31 and was a three year starter and he comes from the Derek mason coaching tree

9 hours ago, TB14 said:

You don't need to drink it.

Super Bowl Football GIF by NFL

10 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas:

"Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited about the recruiting potential, OC & DC and returning ability is bat shit nuts and should have their fan cards taken away. Its f'ing go time now in Austin."

"Ya'll got no idea what ya got for 2021 potential."

On our phone call he also said emphatically that the RRR next season will be for a playoff spot.  He lives in Oregon and also works with most of the Pac-12 schools and said that Kwiatkowsi is THE BEST in the business - doesn't get a lot of the spotlight because he has been in the Pac-12 for so long.

I officially am excited and got my fan card framed. Here we come!

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic