Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

Looks like the longevity of Sark's coaching experience and the network that he's built is helping to build a good staff.  Let's hope that this translates to wins.  How fast can the team learn the O and D schemes.  Hopefully, it all gets ironed out by the start of the season.

One good thing is that my 2021 season tickets are paid for already from last year.  😀

Vince Lombardi..(some say the greatest coach ever) said football was 2 things...blocking and tackling!...You block better and tackle better than the other team and you will win...

Simple! I have been waiting for over 10 years for a coaching staff to teach this to the players.I am hoping that this is the one!

Scoring defense per game avg for Coach K

2016.....18.8    Held Alabama's offense to 17 points in the CFP

2020.....25.0*   New HC, Covid shortened season

36 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Vince Lombardi..(some say the greatest coach ever) said football was 2 things...blocking and tackling!...You block better and tackle better than the other team and you will win...

Simple! I have been waiting for over 10 years for a coaching staff to teach this to the players.I am hoping that this is the one!

Darrell Royal (some say he was a pretty good coach) once said “it’s not the X’s and the O’s but the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s” if the other team can’t block or tackle your guys you will win. 
I’ve been waiting for a staff that can get the players and teach them. 
We both might be getting what we’ve been waiting on for so long 😁

32 minutes ago, Baron said:

Scoring defense per game avg for Coach K

2016.....18.8    Held Alabama's offense to 17 points in the CFP

2020.....25.0*   New HC, Covid shortened season

I like what he’s done with Leach

2014 -13  Avg 31

2015- 10  Avg 31

2016- 17  Avg 38

2017- 14  Avg 30

2018- 15  Avg 37

2019- 13 Avg 37

6 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

This is what we do.... build up, tear down.  I was thrilled with Coach Strong and Coach Herman.... until I wasn’t.  

This has a different feel to it.  Our previous two administrations brought with them the supporting staffs from Louisville and Cougar High respectively.  In comparison we are now looking at:

BAMA (several)  / Notre Dame / Washington / Mississippi State / Texas (remnant or two) Arkansas State (outlier) / and possibly UCLA. 

This feels big time.  

8 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

This has a different feel to it.  Our previous two administrations brought with them the supporting staffs from Louisville and Cougar High respectively.  In comparison we are now looking at:

BAMA (several)  / Notre Dame / Washington / Mississippi State / Texas (remnant or two) Arkansas State (outlier) / and possibly UCLA. 

This feels big time.  

But the Arkansas State outlier was from Alabama. So not an outlier. 

37 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

This feels big time.  

Im pretty damn excited about the staff as well brother. 

Sark’s team record at Washington seems pedestrian, 34-29 (35 counting the  bowl game he didn’t coach) until you look at Washington’s record the five years prior to his arrival, 12-47. 

Took an 0-12 to 5-7 his first year.

I’ll take five more wins next year. 12-3 would be a good start for Sark. 

• Administrators

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas:

"Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited about the recruiting potential, OC & DC and returning ability is bat shit nuts and should have their fan cards taken away. Its f'ing go time now in Austin."

"Ya'll got no idea what ya got for 2021 potential."

On our phone call he also said emphatically that the RRR next season will be for a playoff spot.  He lives in Oregon and also works with most of the Pac-12 schools and said that Kwiatkowsi is THE BEST in the business - doesn't get a lot of the spotlight because he has been in the Pac-12 for so long.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas:

"Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited about the recruiting potential, OC & DC and returning ability is bat shit nuts and should have their fan cards taken away. Its f'ing go time now in Austin."

On our phone call he also said emphatically that the RRR next season will be for a playoff spot.  He lives in Oregon and also works with most of the Pac-12 schools and said that Kwiatkowsi is THE BEST in the business - doesn't get a lot of the spotlight because he has been in the Pac-12 for so long.

BasicBreakableHapuka-max-1mb.gif

9 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. I'm not going to drink the orange kool aid. 

7 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Not necessarily an indication of things to come, but some Texas players are now following Johnny Nansen who could potentially fill that open LBs spot.

They've been following him for a while, adimora was recruited by him ect. not an indication IMO. His recent follows are all ucla guys

7 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Not necessarily an indication of things to come, but some Texas players are now following Johnny Nansen who could potentially fill that open LBs spot.

Love that he has been the recruiting coordinator at several spots as well. Has to at least be a very competent recruiter.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic