Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

21 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Does anybody know if he runs a 3 or 4 man front?  Does he utilize the blitz a lot, etc...?

Lake and Kwiatkowski utilize a base nickel 2-4-5: two down linemen, two outside linebackers, two inside linebackers, a nickel (slot) corner, two outside corners, and two safeties. The Huskies defensive scheme is one of the more unique and exciting ones to watch in college football. Nickel defenses have become common in college football and the NFL as the base defensive personnel to counter the spread passing attacks used.

8 minutes ago, WTR said:

Lake and Kwiatkowski utilize a base nickel 2-4-5: two down linemen, two outside linebackers, two inside linebackers, a nickel (slot) corner, two outside corners, and two safeties. The Huskies defensive scheme is one of the more unique and exciting ones to watch in college football. Nickel defenses have become common in college football and the NFL as the base defensive personnel to counter the spread passing attacks used.

I saw this article. 2-4-5 would be interesting. The article said they also run 3-2-6 on passing downs against high powered offensive teams. I would actually prefer that to a 2-4-5 or 3-3-5. In Texas you have plenty of defensive lineman & defensive backs. Linebacker seems to always be a toss up. Play to your strengths. The base of our defense should be 4-2-5 or 3-2-6 depending on the opponent & personnel that year. Maybe we can get more of these freak athletes like Tyler Owens and Armband Bandit on the field at the same time. 

Just now seeing all this.  This would be a huge hire.  I just hope this isn't another Lanning situation, but that got squashed pretty quick.  Haven't seen any other site besides TFB mention it, but also haven't seen any denials/he's staying either.  

I'll have to exercise patience on whether Stark pulls Kwiatkowski to Texas or not BUT what I like is the cajones to go after the best - I love it!. It's been a long time since Texas has thrown its weight around and it's about time.  I love Charlie but Strong and Herman looked to take a G5 approach to coach hires and it backfired.  Unlike Herman, Stark seems to be humbled and more secure in who he is and what he isnt, which means he could hire someone equally talented 

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic