Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

Brainiacs say Sark and Muschamp have had conversations about the Texas job. Said the possibility was even used as a way to sweeten the deal for Texas, by Sark.

However, Muschamp has been having conversations with several schools, including LSU and Michigan. Alabama is also considering Muschamp as there is apparently going to be more shake up on that staff.

Saying Tosh won't likely come unless its the DC job, unless it was to work for Muschamp.

Meetings between Sark and current coaches did not happen over the weekend, as Sark said would happen.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Brainiacs say Sark and Muschamp have had conversations about the Texas job. Said the possibility was even used as a way to sweeten the deal for Texas, by Sark.

However, Muschamp has been having conversations with several schools, including LSU and Michigan. Alabama is also considering Muschamp as there is apparently going to be more shake up on that staff.

Saying Tosh won't likely come unless its the DC job, unless it was to work for Muschamp.

Meetings between Sark and current coaches did not happen over the weekend, as Sark said would happen.

If Muschamp gets you tosh and Raymond or even the Tennessee DC then you do that haha

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IT already said Muschamp is out.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

OB saying Tee Martin is a name to watch oh boy

To add some other things they mentioned:

- for those who don't know, Martin was one of Sark's top assistants and recruiters at USC
- Martin's current deal at Tennessee expires on 1/31
- Auburn could be tough competition if Sark pursues Martin, but their relationship is viewed as a big advantage for Texas
- Martin's son is a big time baseball player going into his senior season of high school, so that could potentially complicate things a little
- Texas' baseball program has already spoken with Martin's son, but I don't know if that was before or after the Sark hire

• Administrators
7 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

TFB has a Washington source telling them they'd "bet a lot of money" that stud recruiter Tosh Lupoi will end up joining Sark at Texas.

They were at Washington together.

TFB added that grabbing Lupoi from the NFL ranks could require a DC or Associate HC title.

IT said today he should have more opportunities in the NFL if the Atlanta Falcons fire him soon.

I know I’m drinking the kool aid and I know I’m setting myself up for failure but I am excited about sark I like everything I hear about him I read earlier today on the huskies 247 site about how competitive he is and how his job consumes him he is a recruiter through and through and is serious about hiring proven guys on his staff. Washington people think this is a home run hire, his offense is the best in CFB, he can help us become Ohio State like poachers in Cali Im liking what I’m hearing 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I know I’m drinking the kool aid and I know I’m setting myself up for failure but I am excited about sark I like everything I hear about him I read earlier today on the huskies 247 site about how competitive he is and how his job consumes him he is a recruiter through and through and is serious about hiring proven guys on his staff. Washington people think this is a home run hire, his offense is the best in CFB, he can help us become Ohio State like poachers in Cali Im liking what I’m hearing 

OrangeBloods mentioned that Sark has a major connection to Cali powerhouse Mater Dei and he's basically the reason five-star QB Bryce Young flipped to Alabama from USC and decided to leave home.

Sark's son, Brady, was a teammate of Young at the time.

TFB has been insisting that Young is a name to watch if Texas hired Sark, especially with the one-time transfer rule expected to be approved by the NCAA.

11 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods mentioned that Sark has a major connection to Cali powerhouse Mater Dei and he's basically the reason five-star QB Bryce Young flipped to Alabama from USC and decided to leave home.

Sark's son, Brady, was a teammate of Young at the time.

TFB has been insisting that Young is a name to watch if Texas hired Sark, especially with the one-time transfer rule expected to be approved by the NCAA.

That’s huge man if we can start getting some of the big island type guys and skill guys from Cali watch out

19 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

You've literally gone guard rail to guard rail in 24 hours.  Maybe sit this one out and watch/learn.

Just now, primal defense said:

No worry about this hire from Oklahoma.

Tramel: Exhale, Big 12; Texas football hires Steve Sarkisian to replace Tom Herman

https://oklahoman.com/article/5679532/tramel-exhale-big-12-texas-football-hires-steve-sarkisian-to-replace-tom-herman

1674366827_Cryingsooner.jpg.32ff43389567d93fccefef40a3c5e8bb.jpgThe sooners are about as arrogant as A&M. Here's hoping we see more of this after October 9th, 2021.

Finally listened to Coach Sark's introductory presser and was really impressed. It's definitely a contrast to Herman. Sark comes across as a mature coach, and I appreciated his comments about entrusting your assistants to do their jobs. I also talked to my USC buddies that were managers on the team back when he was an OC there. I'm definitely feeling better than when the news first broke. I'm hopeful, optimistic, and sipping the Kool Aid.

Im In GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Finally listened to Coach Sark's introductory presser and was really impressed. It's definitely a contrast to Herman. Sark comes across as a mature coach, and I appreciated his comments about entrusting your assistants to do their jobs. I also talked to my USC buddies that were managers on the team back when he was an OC there. I'm definitely feeling better than when the news first broke. I'm hopeful, optimistic, and sipping the Kool Aid.

Excitement isn’t allowed here.... You've literally gone guard rail to guard rail in 24 hours.  Maybe sit this one out and watch/learn

I know any coaching change will bring some degree of attrition, so I'll be interested to see who transfers out after the full staff is announced. As some of y'all have said already, any offensive player should be excited about the change, especially the QBs. If attrition occurs, I assume it will come from the defensive side of the ball, especially if Ash isn't retained. Out of all the options that have been tossed out there, I think I would prefer to roll with Ash. He made some serious progress over the season, and it would be interesting to see what he could do with a full offseason. On a side note, when I read Mike Stoops name mentioned, I literally dropped my phone. Glad that one was but to bed quickly.

7 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

Can someone link the intro presser?  My YouTube search skills are failing me.  

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic