Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I missed this.... did Sark rank positions of need at Texas?  Can someone list what he said??  I’d be fascinated to know.

going into 2020 I would have said LB was our biggest weakness.  But it seems we had a coach last year who actually “coached them up.” 

I read this in Walker Texas ranger 23 post might have missunderstood but took itfor quotes from Sark.

Just now, Bear19 said:

Hughes has worked for Boom at two different schools. I still have the hope that when Boom gets his buyout settled with South Carolina he will be named our DC.

That Johnny Nansen name drop is really intriguing he’s got some good ties out west, could rule out Tosh

7 hours ago, 83Dee said:

It’s been my experience over the years following Texas (many years) that this situation rears its head quite often.  Maybe it does elsewhere and I just don’t know about it?

Either there are a whole lot of people out there who lie about getting offers from Texas or Texas can’t stand the narrative that anyone might turn Texas down?  I even remember Mack Brown boasting after signing day “we offered 25 scholarships and signed 23 of them.” (Paraphrase).

Maybe Texas just didn't offer?

There was a list of people Sark wanted to talk to. He had not completed that. There was reason to suspect something wasn't right. And once you realize his agent is Sexton, it kinda makes more sense.

Since we're bringing women into the analogies for whatever reason, this could be the chick you looked at and spoke to. The next day, people are asking you if you really asked her out.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, WTR said:

Roach247

I'm told today that Johnny Nansen is now a name of interest on the Texas radar.

Nansen has a lot of history on the west coast, and he’s spent quite a bit of time with Sarkisian. After starting his career at Idaho, Nansen worked under Sarkisian at Washington as Special Teams Coordinator, Recruiting Coordinator and Defensive Line Coach. Nansen then moved on to USC where he coached running backs and later linebackers. Nansen left USC this year for UCLA, but we are told he’s a name that Sarkisian could jump on right away. His all time list of recruits includes Adoree’ Jackson, Ronald Jones, Gary Bryant, Talanoa Hufanga, Levi Jones and Maninoa Tufono and John Ross. Nansen coached multiple positions, so it's unclear of whathis fit my be. If you're looking for any tie-ins to this name that could indicate the direction of thedefensive coordinator search, Nansen workedwith Tosh Lupoiat one time, who we have heard is still a name of interest for Sarkisian.

— Steve Sarkisian is making an effort to retain Bryan Carrington

I reported on Friday that I expected Carrington tomove on, but it sounds like Sarkisian wants to keep him for continuity with recruits as he looks to make over the recruiting department. Carrington's name is out for a few other positions as well. USC and SMU are schools I've heard in the mix for him, but he's thinking about returning after seeing what form the recruiting department takes. Former Director of Player Personnel Derek Chang was dismissed last week, and sources tell me that could mean a new regime is close to being put in place to run that department.

— South Carolina's Drew Hughes is a name we are hearing a lot of buzz around

A source asked me not to mention Hughes yet last week when I talked to them about who could possibly replace Chang and head up Sarkisian's recruiting department. Since the name got out, I can tell you what I know about Hughes. A native of Montgomery, Alabama and a Crimson Tide graduate, Hughes worked under Will Muschamp at Florida from 2014-2017, and again at South Carolina in 2020. He also spent time at Tennesse, NC State, and Alabama as he worked his way up. Hughes has a strong reputation in this industry and ran his department like an NFL operation. We haven't confirmed anything with Hughes, but the name is coming up more with folks we speak with regularly.

Fellas, do me a favor and don't copy/paste entire articles from paid sites.

Appreciate it.

33 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Just an observation. You might try toning down your responses to other posters. They don't come across real well. 

I propose a Hornsports fight night before a select home game... you know.... to settle these issues the old Irish way.  

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

That Johnny Nansen name drop is really intriguing he’s got some good ties out west, could rule out Tosh

So who do we have in our group of candidates, that we know of?

1. Arnett

2. Johnny Nansen

Up in the air:

1. Muschamp

2. Pruitt

Out

1. Lanning

Any other names?

50 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Any other names?

Yeah, someone that the pay sites don't know about. No one brought up Terry Joseph until he was hired and no one reported the Lanning interview till Sexton leaked it.

I believe we should hear by tomorrow unless Sark is waiting to see about hiring Pruitt. It could also mean that Pruitt would go back to Alabama and we hire Golding.

I'm prepared that it may be a name that hasn't come up. I just hope it's not Mike Stoops.

33 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think Golding is a candidate. Plus, he's employed.

@83Dee

Help me out here, what was his name? Was it Tosh? Ansley?

1. Arnett

2. Johnny Nansen

3. Ansley/Tosh combo

Up in the air:

1. Muschamp

2. Pruitt

Out

1. Lanning

Any other names?

Ok, maybe I'm just biased, but there are only two names on that list that i think are better than Ash (Pruitt and Muschamp).  I thought Ash had the defense starting to come around and really loved his approach.  I think another year or 2 with him and the defense would be special.  I think Ash would've been better than Arnett.  Like I said, i'm probably just bias.  

I know there is a report that Muschamp turned the Horns down, but doesn't it just feel like UT is waiting things out on his buyout (same in waiting on Pruitt)?  I still think that all these moves for D assistants has the approval of someone that is an unannounced DC.  Has to be.

3 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Yeah, someone that the pay sites don't know about. No one brought up Terry Joseph until he was hired and no one reported the Lanning interview till Sexton leaked it.

I believe we should hear by tomorrow unless Sark is waiting to see about hiring Pruitt. It could also mean that Pruitt would go back to Alabama and we hire Golding.

I'm prepared that it may be a name that hasn't come up. I just hope it's not Mike Stoops.

"Yeah, someone that the pay sites don't know about."

Don't underestimate this possibility.

58 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think Golding is a candidate. Plus, he's employed.

@83Dee

Help me out here, what was his name? Was it Tosh? Ansley?

1. Arnett

2. Johnny Nansen

3. Ansley/Tosh combo

Up in the air:

1. Muschamp

2. Pruitt

Out

1. Lanning

Any other names?

Lupoi?

Is supposed to be a recruiting extraordinaire... but Saban stripped him of play calling duties... unless I have my names confused.  Currently DL coach for Falcons...

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic