Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

How is it we think we could pry him away from UGA....Does Sark really have that much juice?

....Where is that Barrel of Koolaide I ordered???

I assume we can give him a decent raise. Also, there's the argument for Lanning to get out of Kirby's shadow since Kirby's a former DC. Lanning may want to go somewhere else where it's clearly his defense.

5 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

How is it we think we could pry him away from UGA....Does Sark really have that much juice?

....Where is that Barrel of Koolaide I ordered???

From what I read is Kirby is good friends with Muschamp.  Also, defense is Kirby's baby. So the possibility of Kirby working with Muschamp,  the possibility of not being in the shadow of Kirby and perhaps having to share duties with Muschamp gives Lanning the chance to be on his own at Texas. I hope this helps. 

3 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

If we get Lanning our staff will be ridiculously good.
I promised myself I wouldn’t let the Horn’s break my heart again but I’m flirting with that filthy four letter word, “HOPE”. 

"Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well." ― The Shawshank Redemption

3 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

IT says Lanning to Bama is still most likely but honestly IT has sucked this entire coaching search im not sure that they know anything. A poster on 247 says that the offer to Lanning is double his current salary at 2.5 Million

Georgia 247 mod says the Lanning talk is real and in early stages.  A poster on surly who claims to know someone involved with Lanning (he posted earlier in the week Lanning was contacted) says it's pretty much a done deal.  Guess we'll see.

7 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

IT says Lanning to Bama is still most likely but honestly IT has sucked this entire coaching search im not sure that they know anything. A poster on 247 says that the offer to Lanning is double his current salary at 2.5 Million

#1. Bama doesn’t have a DC vacancy. 
#2. Bama won’t pay him $2.5 million. 

If this all works out it shows me several things.

1. Sark has full control of the program

2. Sark has bastante juice!...These coaches dont just come here for money. They must think something big is happening and UT is the place to be to further their careers....hell the OC and Oline coach from Bama..DC from UGA...Sark is poaching more than a short order cook on free day!

3.we will have an easier road recruiting than the last few years...

I sure do hope all you guys are right.  This thread reads like a wet dream of koolaide binges.  I can understand why there is so much bottled excitement or hope in new coaches, staff hirings, signing day, etc.  There hasnt been much to be excited with regards to the actual results on the field in a decade.  I wont drink the koolaide this time.  Sark is going to have to prove it mostly because of the hangover from the last two head coaches

I don't want to seem alarmist, but as the DC position is concerned haven't all of the candidates been interviewed and if so a decision needs to be made. Hopefully Sark isn't waffling. And if a coach needs to mull over the offer then go on to the next best because the first doesn't have the proper motivation to coach for Texas. Just my 2 cents.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic