Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Disclaimer: I have no idea how good a coach Pete Golding is. But as I've followed all of this stuff over the past week or so, I get the impression that there are not all that many assistant coach

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Lol, I'm talking demands and Herman was out, period.  They can fund buyouts all they'd like.  The staff hires will be through the system.

wow... real life doesnt work that way. 

You want their money to fund buy-outs, experienced coaches, new basketball arena, south end zone, on and on and on... but you dont want them to have any influence? If it were not for the BMDs, Texas would be a has-been program with dusty trophies.  And, this isnt even including the intangible positive influence and contacts that they can sell to recruits/players. 

6 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

offensive staff is done now so we will have two defensive hires, most likely a secondary guy and a LB coach/ Coordinator. honestly, im okay with tosh as DC he can't be worse than Orlando 

So I'm still confused on the Gideon/Joseph hires. Is Joseph not coaching CB and Co-DC with Gideon doing Safeties and some Special teams? With Banks and Joseph, I'm not sure where Gideon fits in.

4 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

wow... real life doesnt work that way. 

You want their money to fund buy-outs, experienced coaches, new basketball arena, south end zone, on and on and on... but you dont want them to have any influence? If it were not for the BMDs, Texas would be a has-been program with dusty trophies.  And, this isnt even including the intangible positive influence and contacts that they can sell to recruits/players. 

If they don't learn to bite their tounge, this too will be a disaster.  Don't over-buy into the post.  Their money will continue to flow regardless.