Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

2 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

What metrics should we use to determine whether or not an assistant coach will be good for us? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. Should we focus on his recruiting chops or the players he's developed at his position group? A good balance of both?

Remember, assistants are usually responsible for geographic areas while recruiting.

At Texas? Recruiting 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Why are we considering assistant coaches from a lousy program like Tennessee?

(He ponders incredulously)

We have lost several recruiting battles to Tee Martin. Very good QB coach and way above average recruiter.

He was QB coach under Lane Kiffin at USC and then Helton. Was promoted to OC.

Helton fired a bunch of assistants and Martin was caught up in that. Went to Tennessee (where he once played QB) for past two years.

42 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

Interesting that this is the best that we can get.  CDC must see something that doesn't show in the numbers.  I hoping for the best as I did when Strong and Herman were hired.  I guess Sark gets 4 years to prove he's the guy.  So we again are back in the same cycle that we've been in for the last 7 yrs.  At least we aren't Michigan.

From wikipedia:

image.thumb.png.2cbe716e075858882927ffd150304d42.png

I will say this. There is a little more context that needs to be looked at. 

He did take over a Washington program that was 12-47 in the previous 5 years, was 0-12 the year prior to Sark taking over, and had not had a winning season in 7 years. And this was his first head coaching job at at age 34. 

It's not like he bombed.

4 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Getting Tee, Tosh, and Bo Davis would be a signal to aggy, OU and the rest of college football that we are about to play game and not a damn thing you can do about it.  I'm on board.

I'm really surprised by these coaches that bounce back & forth between CFB and NFL.

Is it due to job scarcity? Most seem like they'd be better off staying with big-time college ball if they really enjoy recruiting.

12 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We have lost several recruiting battles to Tee Martin. Very good QB coach and way above average recruiter.

He was QB coach under Lane Kiffin at USC and then Helton. Was promoted to OC.

Helton fired a bunch of assistants and Martin was caught up in that. Went to Tennessee (where he once played QB) for past two years.

Martin is a WR guru I don’t think he’s ever coached quarterbacks

34 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

What metrics should we use to determine whether or not an assistant coach will be good for us? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. Should we focus on his recruiting chops or the players he's developed at his position group? A good balance of both?

Remember, assistants are usually responsible for geographic areas while recruiting.

Getting to the college football playoffs when they are coaching at Texas. We won’t be able to know until then. All we have right now is wishful thinking. And let’s keep that thinking wishful. He needs a honeymoon unless he says ‘winning is hard’. 

4 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

Well Coach Stark has one last opportunity to showcase his talents In this NC game before starting his duties with us. Never thought I would root for bama to win a game but I guess that's where I'm at. Show the world and the recruits what you are made of

Worth repeating...

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic