Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

I think LSU is not where an aspiring coach wants to go right now, at least not until O shows he has staying power.  Not sure he can do it. 

My Dad used to say that a person can let adversity beat them or make them stronger. After watching Sark’s press conference, I think he put a lot of effort into making himself stronger.  

2 minutes ago, java said:

I think LSU is not where an aspiring coach wants to go right now, at least not until O shows he has staying power.  Not sure he can do it. 

My Dad used to say that a person can let adversity beat them or make them stronger. After watching Sark’s press conference, I think he put a lot of effort into making himself stronger.  

I agree. He looked healthy and calm. He should talk to our former coach about him cleaning up his act.

13 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I agree. He looked healthy and calm. He should talk to our former coach about him cleaning up his act.

He handled the press really well. Those guys always try to paint a coach into a corner. He just politely stated that he doesn’t like to talk about those things, which is really all that is needed. 

He is mature. His wife looked sharp!

One of the things that gets me excited about Sark is that he is a run first, pass second and his offense isn't built around a QB, BUT his QB will hit receivers on the run on slants and patterns other than a curl, I think that will play well with guys like Jake S. I also thing the QB position is up for grabs . There will be no mistake as with the previous staff as to who is calling plays. If we have a good spring practice and guys embrace his philosophy, I think UT will light up the scoreboard next season

It's hard to not be excited about the possibilities that Sark brings to Texas.  I hope he can manage all of the off the filed stuff as well as he manages the offense on the filed.  He seems to exude confidence on what he understands about football and what it takes to win.  After the Urban Meyer hangover I know for myself I felt let down.  I have to say honestly that he seems to be a great hire.  Of course winning will determine that.    

4 minutes ago, zion3d said:

It's hard to not be excited about the possibilities that Sark brings to Texas.  I hope he can manage all of the off the filed stuff as well as he manages the offense on the filed.  He seems to exude confidence on what he understands about football and what it takes to win.  After the Urban Meyer hangover I know for myself I felt let down.  I have to say honestly that he seems to be a great hire.  Of course winning will determine that.    

Ditto

I'm cautiously optimistic, but won't drink the Kool-Aid until we're 3-0 OOC against overmatched opponents. We've got enough talent on the roster to compete for a Big 12 title year one.

Make it happen, Sark. #Believe

2 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Bama was paying Sark 2.5 millionper year....a 2 mill buyout seems cheap if Arnett is a top level coach. We might not have make good coaching picks lately, but ...We are Texas...we damned sure know how to spend money....

I think Sark wants a nfl guy 

1 minute ago, oldhorn2 said:

Bama was paying Sark 2.5 millionper year....a 2 mill buyout seems cheap if Arnett is a top level coach. We might not have make good coaching picks lately, but ...We are Texas...we damned sure know how to spend money....

We actually have a bunch of money but we don’t spend very much of it. Someone on here but out a deal of which athletic programs spend the most and we were way down the list. We make the most though. Nana spends way more than Texas

Just now, TexCoyote said:

We actually have a bunch of money but we don’t spend very much of it. Someone on here but out a deal of which athletic programs spend the most and we were way down the list. We make the most though. Nana spends way more than Texas

Bama** darn autocorrect 

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic