Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

34 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT said they are hearing from Zach Arnett's camp that he's still very much in play for Texas, but he's expected to leave Baton Rouge today with an offer.

The current feeling is the DC opening won't be filled until Thursday or Friday.

for texas

I know most coaches say all the right things on their opening press conference, but Sark’s opening press conference couldn’t have gone much better for a fan base that is hungry to win. I had read he was high energy and he showed it today. I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m sure hoping it works out 

I doubt I will get much agreement on my opinion but I am very pleased to have Sark rather than Urban.  To start with I doubt Urban would stay very long and I seriously doubt his commitment to coaching here.  No football coach is worth 12-14 million a year.  Sark is so much younger and seems hungry  to prove himself.  I believe his past mistakes make him the better choice.

Now if he just doesn't hire coach boom as yall call him.  I will state now if Musch. is hired within two years of him being here, we will have numerous defensive players transferring.  His frantic approach will grow thin quickly.  I'm excited about the Horns' future. 

3 minutes ago, gmcc said:

I doubt I will get much agreement on my opinion but I am very pleased to have Sark rather than Urban.  To start with I doubt Urban would stay very long and I seriously doubt his commitment to coaching here.  No football coach is worth 12-14 million a year.  Sark is so much younger and seems hungry  to prove himself.  I believe his past mistakes make him the better choice.

Now if he just doesn't hire coach boom as yall call him.  I will state now if Musch. is hired within two years of him being here, we will have numerous defensive players transferring.  His frantic approach will grow thin quickly.  I'm excited about the Horns' future. 

I'll agree with you. It seemed there were far too many demands or conditions for Meyer to come here. That makes me wonder how much of a Longhorn he would have become.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic