Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Yes, but there was an AAS article saying Coleman was expected to stay in his "current role", meaning he wouldn't be an analyst.

Update this morning says he's likely to stay, but nothing else.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/football/2021/01/11/sarkisian-already-starting-fill-out-staff/6618863002/

Nah it’s official Sark says it here

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Isn’t he projected to be an analyst?

Running backs coach Stan Drayton and receivers coach Andre Coleman are expected to stay in their current roles. Drayton has already tweeted once with the message “Stay tuned, @TexasFootball. #AllGasNoBreaks.” The hashtag is one of Sarkisian’s favorite sayings. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I wouldn't take it at face value just yet.

AAS already had Herman returning for 2021.

Just now, oldhorn2 said:

Bear....where ya been?...while you were gone I had to fill in and throw in a FCB....since you werent here to do it yourself. I didnt think you would mind....

Thanks for asking. For the last six weeks I have spent half of my time duckhunting and the other half sleeping.

I’ve been keeping up with the board but I don’t have anything to add except FCB. 😎

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

I disagree I think you get an accurate read on a guy from the fanbase. Auburn hated Herb Hand, Ohio State hated Beck, UL hated Shawn Watson. It’s not bulletproof but it gives you a general idea

You think ADs and football coaches should ask the fanbase who they should hire.  Greg Davis became a reely good offensive coordinator when he had VY and Colt as quarterback.  The Alabama defense is 13th in scoring defense at 19 pts a game to go with their 32nd in yardage.  tOSU is 31st with 22 pts a game.  In 12 games he gave up more than 24 points twice.  In 10 games we did it 5 times.  If he calls the defensive plays for Alabama, I wouldn't listen to Alabama fans.  They may be a bit spoiled playing for their 6 national championship in the last 12 years.  

5 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Still blown away that Coleman is staying on the staff...

Sounds like there was a lot of smoke with this staff early and now it is all dying out. Not impressed.

We aren’t even halfway done with the staff yet lol like I said earlier if Coleman is the worst coach on staff that’s an excellent staff

15 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Still blown away that Coleman is staying on the staff...

Sounds like there was a lot of smoke with this staff early and now it is all dying out. Not impressed.

I have no problem with Coleman staying. Players liked him a lot. His players developed over the season. He had two weeks to coach his position, full of youngsters, before the first game.

I'm cool with Coleman. The DC hire is what will tell the tale. Ash set the bar so will he do better than Ash?

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic