Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

I don't like hiring a coach where the fans are happy to see him go. They say his defense doesn't do well in big games. Alabama was 16th in total defense the year before he was the DC and this year they were 32nd. 

On the hand he had a top ten defense at UTSA and Saban hired him at 33 years old. My hope is that he will do better without the Saban grind and he will a great defensive staff. 

I say that if Alabama's defense plays like crap tomorrow then Golding is out.:)

Former UTSA star: Alabama got a 'great one' in Pete Golding

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/01/former_utsa_star_alabama_got_a.html

Social media roasts Alabama DC Pete Golding

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/social-media-roasts-alabama-dc-pete-golding/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

247 had an update on Tosh Lupoi saying he and Sark have had "substantial" conversations about a spot on the new defensive staff, but it won't be for playcalling duties.

Another potential option for Lupoi is the open DC position at Oregon.

If he's offered that, likely not much Texas can do.

This breaks my heart as far as his recruiting. He is a elite recruiter.

However, not at the price of him being the playcaller. Saban gave him one year and Bye. In Saban I trust.:)

19 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I don't like hiring a coach where the fans are happy to see him go. They say his defense doesn't do well in big games. Alabama was 16th in total defense the year before he was the DC and this year they were 32nd. 

On the hand he had a top ten defense at UTSA and Saban hired him at 33 years old. My hope is that he will do better without the Saban grind and he will a great defensive staff. 

I say that if Alabama's defense plays like crap tomorrow then Golding is out.:)

Former UTSA star: Alabama got a 'great one' in Pete Golding

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/01/former_utsa_star_alabama_got_a.html

Social media roasts Alabama DC Pete Golding

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/social-media-roasts-alabama-dc-pete-golding/

How many years has Doblin been DC at BAMA?

6 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

bro on every Pete Golding video Bama fans go in on this man they hate him😂😂

Disclaimer: I have no idea how good a coach Pete Golding is.

But as I've followed all of this stuff over the past week or so, I get the impression that there are not all that many assistant coaches out there that a team's fanbase doesn't hate. 

When Bama's defense plays well, it's due to Saban. When it plays bad, that's on Golding. Typical fans, lol. 

11 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

But as I've followed all of this stuff over the past week or so, I get the impression that there are not all that many assistant coaches out there that a team's fanbase doesn't hate. 

When Bama's defense plays well, it's due to Saban. When it plays bad, that's on Golding. Typical fans, lol. 

Grrr... we resemble that remark!😠 Lol 🙂

14 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Ehhh idk we said that about Ohio state fans when we hired beck. There is no talk of firing him with these comments necessarily so I find them to be credible and honest. It’s troubling to hear their impression of his defense 

Best quote from the article 

“I definitely want to be the play caller. I will be the play caller,” he said. “I made that mistake one year of my career (in 2015 at USC). It won't happen again, not in the near future. But the reality of it is, part of the reason Chris and the people at Texas liked me is because of the job I was doing as a play-caller. All of a sudden, why would I relinquish one of the best traits that I have? 

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

Ehhh idk we said that about Ohio state fans when we hired beck. There is no talk of firing him with these comments necessarily so I find them to be credible and honest. It’s troubling to hear their impression of his defense 

We hated Greg Davis until we didn't...  then we did again.

49 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

yeah?....so whats your point?

Point is that what a fan base thinks about an assistant coach is based on the moment and who makes a convenient scapegoat. It’s not based on how good a coach he is because we don’t know what power they have vis a vis his coach. My point here is that if Alabama’s defense is good it’s Saban’s defense if it’s bad it’s the DCs fault. FWIW Alabama’s defense is 32nd in country, Texas’ isn’t in top 50 and we all want Ash (including me). 

17 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Point is that what a fan base thinks about an assistant coach is based on the moment and who makes a convenient scapegoat. It’s not based on how good a coach he is because we don’t know what power they have vis a vis his coach. My point here is that if Alabama’s defense is good it’s Saban’s defense if it’s bad it’s the DCs fault. FWIW Alabama’s defense is 32nd in country, Texas’ isn’t in top 50 and we all want Ash (including me). 

I disagree I think you get an accurate read on a guy from the fanbase. Auburn hated Herb Hand, Ohio State hated Beck, UL hated Shawn Watson. It’s not bulletproof but it gives you a general idea

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic