Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

11 minutes ago, primal defense said:

His name came up in the Charlie Strong search.

He would be a home run hire very good ties on the west coast and is an absolute stallion on the recruiting trail if we could get him AND Lupoi AND possibly Jeff Banks we would probably have as good of a recruiting staff as we’ve ever had

The rumors about Sark's staff are going to be all over the place. So it would probably be wise to not believe everything you hear. 

As for me, as I've said, I'm very much on the fence with the Sark hire and the staff hires will be the first data point for me to really gauge things further. So I will be watching with great interest. 

22 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Perhaps the occasional reminder will keep Sark out of the bars and frat houses. My hope is he keeps his nose clean and performs up to our expectations. But, I have my doubts and am not particularly excited about this hire.

I certainly don't think Sark is worth the risk and $25 MM buyout. I hope he proves me wrong.

I’m pretty sure that Coach Sark has all of the reminders that he needs and a support system in place that includes Nick Saban so I doubt that he’s going to be hopping on this board to get reminders from you or, for that matter, if he gives a shit about what J.B. TexasEx thinks

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The rumors about Sark's staff are going to be all over the place. So it would probably be wise to not believe everything you hear. 

As for me, as I've said, I'm very much on the fence with the Sark hire and the staff hires will be the first data point for me to really gauge things further. So I will be watching with great interest. 

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

5 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Where’s the fun in that? Lol idk why you would follow this stuff just to sit out of this part. Staff hires are fun

On 1/3/2021 at 6:26 PM, utparothed said:

I’m pretty sure that Coach Sark has all of the reminders that he needs and a support system in place that includes Nick Saban so I doubt that he’s going to be hopping on this board to get reminders from you or, for that matter, if he gives a shit about what J.B. TexasEx thinks

.....or utparothed for that matter. 

Like I said previously, I sure hope he gets reminders from Saban, his AA sponsor, his significant other, or whomever he checks in with periodically about his alcoholism. 

56 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

They said the same thing when we hired Herman. Then he brought Warehiem, Meekins, and Mehringer...

Interesting that this is the best that we can get.  CDC must see something that doesn't show in the numbers.  I hoping for the best as I did when Strong and Herman were hired.  I guess Sark gets 4 years to prove he's the guy.  So we again are back in the same cycle that we've been in for the last 7 yrs.  At least we aren't Michigan.

From wikipedia:

image.thumb.png.2cbe716e075858882927ffd150304d42.png

24 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Remember all of the enthusiasm we had for our last two strength & conditioning coaches, Yancy McKnight and Pat Moorer? They were gonna bring toughness back to The 40. Good times.

Pat Moorer named Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Football at Texas  - University of Texas Athletics

McKnight is a good S&C coach our guys are big and strong 

3 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

Interesting that this is the best that we can get.  CDC must see something that doesn't show in the numbers.  I hoping for the best as I did when Strong and Herman were hired.  I guess Sark gets 4 years to prove he's the guy.  So we again are back in the same cycle that we've been in for the last 7 yrs.  At least we aren't Michigan.

From wikipedia:

image.thumb.png.2cbe716e075858882927ffd150304d42.png

Sark took over Washington coming off a 0-12 season and a mess left from Tyrone Willingham.  Had them in a bowl game 2nd year and set up the roster nicely for Peterson.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

What metrics should we use to determine whether or not an assistant coach will be good for us? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. Should we focus on his recruiting chops or the players he's developed at his position group? A good balance of both?

Remember, assistants are usually responsible for geographic areas while recruiting.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic