Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

9 hours ago, texasdalton said:

Terry Joseph is an incredible recruiter. This is welcoming news. Alot of people were hoping he would take over the DC title at notre dame.

Ok, pet-peeve number two.    It’s “a lot”, not “alot”.   Sorry, I married an English teacher and hear about it all the time.  And yes, Norte Dame should be capitalized.

Now get off my lawn.  

28 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

Ok, pet-peeve number two.    It’s “a lot”, not “alot”.   Sorry, I married an English teacher and hear about it all the time.  And yes, Norte Dame should be capitalized.

Now get off my lawn.  

ok, a pet-peeve of mine is when people start a sentence with "I'm sorry" or "Sorry" when they are not sorry.  It's being disingenuous while trying to sound righteous. 

13 minutes ago, UTfish said:

We all make misteaks. Carry on. 🤭

well, at least you didnt use the very common, "I'm sorry BUT, blah, blah, blah..."  The "BUT" negates what was said before so while someone thinks they are sounding gentle by saying the magic words, I'm sorry, they are actually showing they use words indiscriminately or without caring, which often leads to manipulation 

I made straight "A's" in English at UT, as did many on this board, but I have come to realize that what you say is much more important than how you say it. 

My wife's family came from a very poor part of the country and her parents butchered the English language, but were very intelligent. My wife, though, got a better education than her parents and I now know that she is much smarter than I am. She told me so many times.

Her sister was a teacher with two sons, both of which paid for their own college education (UT and Cornell) mostly with scholarships. One speaks five languages and works for the FBI, the other is a computer guru with a high paying job. That is why I have so little tolerance for people who blame others for their lack of success. 

I get a little sloppy with my English at times, too, so please overlook it. 

9 minutes ago, UTfish said:

I made straight "A's" in English at UT, as did many on this board, but I have come to realize that what you say is much more important than how you say it. 

My wife's family came from a very poor part of the country and her parents butchered the English language, but were very intelligent. My wife, though, got a better education than her parents and I now know that she is much smarter than I am. She told me so many times.

Her sister was a teacher with two sons, both of which paid for their own college education (UT and Cornell) mostly with scholarships. One speaks five languages and works for the FBI, the other is a computer guru with a high paying job. That is why I have so little tolerance for people who blame others for their lack of success. 

I get a little sloppy with my English at times, too, so please overlook it. 

Nope!  We will start critiquing your punctuation now.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic