Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I know the fans don't like Golding but that defense has still been good under him. Just not sure I want the guy Saban would have to fire to come here. 

After a national championship season too you gotta be bad to get fired after winning a natty. But nonetheless he’s had some good defenses there 

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

After a national championship season too you gotta be bad to get fired after winning a natty. But nonetheless he’s had some good defenses there 

But is he running it, or is that Saban’s baby boy?

13 hours ago, primal defense said:

I hope this is incorrect and UT is involved also. He's the DC that I want. A case can be made for Dan Quinn since he was a DC for two Super Bowl teams.

Defensive Coordinator Candidate: Marcus Freeman

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-defensive-coordinator-candidate-marcus-freeman

Edited by HORNS GUY
2 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT added that Texas won't be losing any potential assistants due to money.

A source told them the plan is to "spend whatever" as long as it's not something unheard of.

Considering we were willing to pay Urban $12 million per year, there should be an abundance of money for Sark to play with.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

I know there was speculation on Surly, based on Flight Aware, that we talked Freeman. Anyone know if we actually did?

I haven't seen anything that an interview has been talked about, let alone meeting in person.

Maybe someone else can correct me on that.

• Administrators

Staff updates from 247...

- while Dennis Simmons could be tough to pry away from Norman even with Texas offering to double his salary, there is definitely mutual interest there despite Simmons being named Associate HC at OU in 2019 and he's coached with Lincoln Riley going back the Leach era at Texas Tech.

- Bo Davis is the leading candidate to coach the DL at Texas and has been offered the job, but he's holding off right now to see what other NFL opportunities there may be including what will happen with the Detroit Lions since they will be hiring a new head coach.

- Corey Raymond is open to leaving LSU because of all of the off-the-field turmoil going on there, plus the program having to replace its entire defensive staff.

- Alabama TEs coach, Jeff Banks, is not off the table for Texas just yet, and it's expected that his final decision will come early next week after the national title game. Banks' decision potentially affects what position Blake Gideon will coach due to his special teams experience.

• Administrators

Two quick notes from IT last night...

- they believe Corey Raymond is the priority at the DB position despite the new talk of Derrick Ansley going around, and Texas has had more contact with Raymond to this point.

- they agree that Jeff Banks hasn't necessarily made the decision to stay at Alabama even though reports said otherwise earlier in the week.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic