Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sark was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and he was asked out how difficult it’s going to be to out recruit Nick Saban, his response was, “I hope to still be here 15 years from now and people wil

quit making excuses for them would be a good start.  I have three separate lines of Cherokee and I dont hold ANYONE today responsible for the Trail of Tears, of which two of my Cherokee lineages were

Talked to an old friend yesterday who works with FBS ADs and Head Coaches around the country and he had this to say about what's going on at Texas: "Any fans dumb enough not to be crazy excited a

Posted Images

For perspective, we just fired a guy whose best record at UT was 9-4 to hire a guy whose best record in 7 years as a P5 head coach was 9-4. I hope Coach Sark learned valuable lessons under Saban's tutelage while at Bama. I guess UT's leadership thinks this experience is worth the investment.

But, I won't start drinking the Kool-Aid until we're 3-0 in non-conference play with convincing wins against overmatched teams. 

Raiders of the Lost Tumblr — The Mandalorian (2019), “Chapter One” in 2020  | Funny gif, Raiders, Chapter one

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Alabama sources told OrangeBloods they're hearing Jeff Banks, Kyle Flood and Karl Scott as additional names possibly joining the new Texas staff.

Scott is native Texan, a great recruiter and would coach DBs.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods saying there are at least five programs interested in hiring Bryan Carrington right now, including one that would possibly groom him to be an assistant coach.

All of this via Carrington's agent.

IT added they are hearing "positive" things on Carrington staying.

17 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Alabama sources told OrangeBloods they're hearing Jeff Banks, Kyle Flood and Karl Scott as additional names possibly joining the new Texas staff.

Scott is native Texan, a great recruiter and would coach DBs.

Karl Scott establishes self as one of nation's top recruiters

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Karl-Scott-establishes-self-as-one-of-nations-top-recruiters--157546170/

• Administrators

A recap on current staff possibilities (from all sites).

Red names are in.

QBs
AJ Milwee (Arkansas State)

RBs
Stan Drayton

WRs
Keary Colbert (USC)
Holmon Wiggins (Alabama)

TEs
Jeff Banks (Alabama)

OL
Brad Davis (Arkansas)
Kyle Flood (Alabama)

DC
Chris Ash

DL
Bo Davis (Detroit Lions)
Tosh Lupoi (Atlanta Falcons)

LBs
Coleman Hutzler

DBs
Karl Scott (Alabama)

4 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

A recap on current staff possibilities (from all sites).

Red names are in.

QBs
AJ Milwee (Arkansas State)

RBs
Stan Drayton

WRs
Keary Colbert (USC)
Holmon Wiggins (Alabama)

TEs
Jeff Banks (Alabama)

OL
Brad Davis (Arkansas)
Kyle Flood (Alabama)

DC
Chris Ash

DL
Bo Davis (Detroit Lions)
Tosh Lupoi (Atlanta Falcons)

LBs
Coleman Hutzler

DBs
Karl Scott (Alabama)

Thanks for putting this together Tfloss.  If you ever went somewhere else I would follow you.  Wait.....i already did.

31 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods mentioned this is a guy to keep in mind for the new S&C coach.

He was with Sark at both USC and Washington.

https://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches-roster/ivan-lewis

Hard pass on Ivan. We can't afford injuries all the time.

Strength and conditioning coach Ivan Lewis’ past problems have caught up with him in Seattle

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/24/21035251/ivan-lewis-strength-conditioning-coach-seattle-seahawks-injuries-bad-season-soft-tissue-carson-brown

While a coach leaving to the NFL is usually a downer for college teams, Trojan fans will rejoice at the departure of Lewis. After a season wrought with injury that decimated USC’s defensive corps, many began to wonder what USC’s strength and conditioning program was doing to set players up for a healthy playing career.

8 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

For perspective, we just fired a guy whose best record at UT was 9-4 to hire a guy whose best record in 7 years as a P5 head coach was 9-4. I hope Coach Sark learned valuable lessons under Saban's tutelage while at Bama. I guess UT's leadership thinks this experience is worth the investment.

But, I won't start drinking the Kool-Aid until we're 3-0 in non-conference play with convincing wins against overmatched teams. 

Saban was 34-24-1 at Michigan State. Lucky for LSU they did not care when they hired him... The rest is history.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic